Lawsuit threat not slowing file sharing

SpinnerSpinner Birmingham, UK
edited June 2003 in Science & Tech
In some not so suprising news by the Associated Press, it appears the majority of file sharers still aren't being put off by the threat of lawsuits.

"We are committed to communicating the message that offering copyrighted music online is illegal. It hurts artists, songwriters and everyone else who brings music to the public, and we will hold those who engage in this activity accountable." said RIAA spokeswoman Amy Weiss

For the full report:
http://www.globetechnology.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20030628.wmusic0628/BNStory/Technology/

Comments

• mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited June 2003
    They are gonna have a CRAPLOAD of lawsuits then.

/me opens up KaZaA Lite K++
  • danball1976danball1976 Wichita Falls, TX
    edited June 2003
    And none of the lawsuits will come to anything except being a major expense for RIAA

/me opens up KaZaa Lite K++ as well.
  • TekGamerTekGamer Earth
    edited June 2003
    RIAA... lol are they all lawyers? as at anyone time there are over 3 million users on any network, kazza, limewire, emule, etc....

Thats a butt load of law suits... oh and let me tell the RIAA something .... The legal process to get things done takes far to long now. If you insist on clogging the process with suits you are never going to win and collect on then the people, who if you have not forgotten buy the cd's, will rise against you and take you out of the picture.

Tek
  • Omega65Omega65 Philadelphia, Pa
    edited June 2003
    This isn't going to work anyway.

There's something out there called Anonymous P2P and it works by routing your transfer through other members computers that don't have the file being transfered. RIAA can't track the File Server OR the Downloader.

I expect that in a couple of months all of the major P2P networks will be upgraded to Anon P2P
  • MJOMJO Denmark New
    edited June 2003
    If all those users were jailed, the world would come to a complete standstill. :D

Remember that "everyone" is sharing, people from every layer of society.

It will come right back at the legislators. :aol: