Mopar's big day in Center Line

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited April 2011 in Lifestyle

Comments

• BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    edited April 2011
    I have to say, Brian, that reading how you and your friends used to pretend the Mopar facility was a nuclear research facility or a place filled to the brim with Russian spies made me laugh. Very nice.

I remember going to Marching Band State Finals with UPSLynx in High School. Next door to the (former) Indianapolis Colts Dome was this... well... creepy factory. Has to do with coal energy or something, but it's this giant 1920's-looking brick building with tons of steam-belching pipes, rickety catwalks, and huge towering brick chimney stacks.

We simply dubbed it the "creepy factory". We would joke that it was filled with terrorists and the counter-terrorists would have to surround and storm in to save the day. That, and how cool the place would be as a Counterstrike map, or even to go paintballing in. Those were the days.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited April 2011
    That Mopar '11 is beautiful. Love that racing stripe.

I was always a fan of Mopar growing up. Sure, I love Motorsports now, but as a kid, I associated Mopar with fast, cool cars. This was because my dad, like so many of dads from my generation, grew up tweaking and tuning muscle cars. It's cool to hear that Mopar is doing well, and I'm excited to see them collaborate with Magneti Marelli. It would be great to see that Avenger enter into the world Rally Championship. Need more American cars in the big leagues.

I miss that creepy factory. That thing was tight. Looked so ominous at night.
  • RootWyrmRootWyrm Icrontian
    edited April 2011
    Man.. Avenger? AVENGER!? *sigh*
  • edited April 2011
    Glad to see that Mopar is ramping up again. As I seem to remember, that parking lot was pretty full when we were kids. Hopefully it's that way again soon. Maybe I'll stop by my mom's house, find my old bike, and ride through the parking lot for old time sake. Remember, if you lived 1500 feet away, Josh and I lived only 1400 feet away from the headquarters.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited April 2011
    :eek2:

Hi Matt!
  • tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
    edited April 2011
    lolcantturn

I am excited to see the new 2012 Challenger SRT8 and 392! Too bad it's going to be like $50,000 and at that point if you're going for speed a GT500 is clearly a better choice.