We do what we must, because we can.

Comments

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited April 2011
    NiGHTS wrote:
    Extra 10% off of Portal 2 if you buy it with the Potato Sack, btw.

FTFY

(If I am wrong please link otherwise)

-Digi
    edited April 2011
    My Buddy Dave got all 36 potatoes. He was given a golden potato and his Portal 2 just unlocked (~30 min early)

-Digi
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    edited April 2011
    That lucky bastard.
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited April 2011
    So what's the official release time according to my math it should be within ten minutes but the Countdown clock says another hour and a half.
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited April 2011
    12 seconds
    edited April 2011
    And done
  • swithdrawnswithdrawn Savannah, GA
    edited April 2011
    Decrypting... did Valve just release a game... EARLY?!?!
    edited April 2011
    yup yup.... and a hush came across the gaming community. See ya in a few days guys.

-Digi
    edited April 2011
    Yea, see you guys on the other end
    edited April 2011
    ...aaaand I've beaten the singleplayer :D
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited April 2011
    swithdrawn wrote:
    Decrypting... did Valve just release a game... EARLY?!?!

Stop saying early, it's not early.

Fucking work, I don't want to be here.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited April 2011
    The game was not released early in any sense of the word. For real.
    edited April 2011
    In my work sig for the day, we'll see if anyone I work with is cool or not. My money is on the latter.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited April 2011
    lulz ... that's nice!
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited April 2011
    BobbyDigi wrote:
    FTFY

(If I am wrong please link otherwise)

-Digi

You're wrong. I bought the potato sack on Saturday, bought Portal 2 yesterday, got 10% off Portal 2.
    edited April 2011
    You didn't have to buy the potato sack to get 10% off ($44.99 by itself), if you bought the two together you got 20% off (an Extra 10% as Nights noted) of Portal ($39.99, same as if you bought a Portal two-pack)

But the offers are not available anymore. Currently it looks like you save just 10% ($5) off of Portal 2 when you buy it with the Sack. Sack price has not changed.

Grats Cola. I hope it kicks ass. I figured out that it didn't preload like I told it to a few days ago so I started preloading about 30 min before it dropped. I raged and went to bed. I will play after work today.

-Digi
    edited April 2011
    BobbyDigi wrote:
    Grats Cola. I hope it kicks ass. I figured out that it didn't preload like I told it to a few days ago so I started preloading about 30 min before it dropped. I raged and went to bed. I will play after work today.

-Digi

Kicks ass? It damn near tore mine open, stitched me a new one, and shot it into space. :rockon:
    edited April 2011
    Pics or it didn't happen. Also, hot!
    edited April 2011
    Hehehe, I've got some pics, but they contain spoilers. Also, I ended up playing straight through the single player from when the game unlocked at about 10:30 a.m. local time to finishing out the single player 7:30 a.m. this morning, after which I showered and went to class, I'm running on my 27th hour without sleep and I still want more.

I didn't much like the first portal as it seemed more to center around the gimmick of the portal gun and the game's focus on using the unique physics than on the actual story of the game, (that and my first experience was my friend telling me I took too long and playing through himself, resulting in me getting motion sickness from watching his twitchy gameplay).

This game though, the story is superb, I didn't stay awake all night because I wanted to marathon this, though the idea had crossed my mind. Rather it was like when you find a great book that keeps you enthralled page by page and you can't put it down. It's not a mind numbing gib and gore fest, it's waaay more. The characters are awesome, develop well, and it plays much like you'd expect a great book to play out.

It's also hilarious, I was cracking up and generally bursting out laughing every few minutes or so, much to the dismay of my roommate. If any of you know, I like to try and keep myself quiet out of respect, but I couldn't contain myself while playing.

I don't want to spoil the fun for anyone who hasn't been captivated enough to lose all the sleep as I have, but if you get the chance: play this game. It'll have you in stitches and on the edge of your seat to the end.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited April 2011
    BobbyDigi wrote:
    You didn't have to buy the potato sack to get 10% off ($44.99 by itself), if you bought the two together you got 20% off (an Extra 10% as Nights noted) of Portal ($39.99, same as if you bought a Portal two-pack)

But the offers are not available anymore. Currently it looks like you save just 10% ($5) off of Portal 2 when you buy it with the Sack. Sack price has not changed.

-Digi

Sorry, my percentage calculation was off, I got 20% off the preorder (39.99).
    edited April 2011
    Well fuck me freddy. I have to take the AD portion of M$ Enterprise server admin test next week but I'll have to squeeze in time for this.
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited April 2011
    I preordered from Best Buy and got the game for $35 and I got a $10GC and 500 bonus Reward Zone Points (Which equate to another $10 GC) Portal 2 for $15? Yes, please.
    edited April 2011
    I feel like Ricky Gervais is guiding me through this.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited April 2011
    A very generous friend gifted me a copy.

All I can say is: So far, it delivers. The opening/tutorial/first 15 are fantastic.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited April 2011
    I walked into Frys and paid $54.58 after tax and I don't give a crap because the game was that good. Deal with it.

I played it until I beat it. Couldn't put it down. I loved this WAY more than the first Portal.

Man. .....just, man. Awesome game.
    edited April 2011
    Joel and I played through the Co-op last night. So much fun. I'll play the single player tonight.
  • ButtersButters CA Icrontian
    edited April 2011
    I hate to admit it, but I'm going to wait this one to hit the Steam Holiday sale.
    edited April 2011
    And you'll be wasting precious testing time with GLaDOS.
    edited April 2011
    Butters wrote:
    I hate to admit it, but I'm going to wait this one to hit the Steam Holiday sale.

Science can't wait.
    edited April 2011
    Played for about 3 hours last night. This game is seamless just like the first. It's like it plays itself and I'm along for the ride. Love it.

-Digi