Noob HDD Setup Question

jedihobbitjedihobbit Central Virginia, USA New
edited August 2011 in Hardware
Okay trying something different in the fact that I have a 32GB SSD for primary and a 300GB V'Raptor for "the reset".

However I'm leaning fast that 32GB isn't much anymore so what do I need to put on the SSD besides the OS to make things work?? Currently it seems that I'm having issues with where to put my Nvidia drivers. In the process of trying to set up SLI but the Nvidia control panel won't show up.

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited April 2011
    All you need on the SSD is the OS. I'm not sure what you're getting at.

Drivers automatically go on C:\ anyhow.
  • jedihobbitjedihobbit Central Virginia, USA New
    edited April 2011
    Thrax wrote:
    All you need on the SSD is the OS. I'm not sure what you're getting at.

Drivers automatically go on C:\ anyhow.

Not if one selects the D: drive during install! ;)
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited April 2011
    Only a select number of EXEs go to D: if you do that. The drivers still go to C:.
  • jedihobbitjedihobbit Central Virginia, USA New
    edited April 2011
    :O Well as it now stands nvidia is now on the SSD and will try to see if I can get SLI to work (may help if I put the second card in the right slot.....the MSI has three of them! ;D ).

However as it is 23:42 EDST and I need to get up at 04:15 EDST that can wait 'til I get home tomorrow! :wink:

Thanks Thrax!
  • djmonstadjmonsta London, UK Member
    edited August 2011
    I have Windows 7 64bit Ultimate on my 64Gb SSD as a boot drive, I have 2x 500Gb SATA and 1x 160Gb IDE for other purposes. The 160Gb IDE literally holds my music, 1 SATA holds my video files and the other holds my program files. You just need to make sure that when you install a new program it installs on a drive other than C: (the SSD boot drive). The C: should literally just be for Windows...