2»

Comments

• ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited April 2011
    He does have a purty mouth.
  • GorzoGorzo Columbus, OH
    edited April 2011
    town is lagging like heck all the time

This is one issue that no longer exists, btw. I appear to have found the problem and fixed it. You're welcome.
  • the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian
    edited April 2011
    lolwat
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited April 2011
    Going back to the suggestion that we wipe out town... yeah, that's not going to happen. Regardless of whether or not the people that have built things there log in regularly or not, I'm not going to arbitrarily wipe out only their creations. They may want to come back to them at some point. As far as I'm concerned, a wipe is either complete or nothing. Either we start the world over from scratch or we keep on truckin'. None of this wipe one part of the world, but not the other. That would cause nothing but arguments and drama.

As for starting the world over, that's going to be a popular vote kind of matter. I, for one, would be all for it once Minecraft is officially released. I know my mining/building skills have improved drastically since I started playing and I'd like to move on from this particular map to a fresh one.... especially since many things have been added since we started this map.
    edited April 2011
    tl;dr

No-one wants to wipe the current world out, revisiting a non-existant issue.

Sounds like people are on board with the current server as a permaserver, and the test server as a survival/plugin test server with periodic refreshes. refresh rate TBD.
  • UPSHitmanUPSHitman The Big Nasty Indianapolis, Indiana Icrontian
    edited April 2011
    tl;dr

Sounds like people are on board with the current server as a permaserver, and the test server as a survival/plugin test server with periodic refreshes. refresh rate TBD.

I agree.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited April 2011
    ...And I dont mean to offend, but its pretty depressing sometimes to see enormous areas around town claimed by someone named 'bandick', who it looks like just landgrabbed and logged off one day...

I just noticed this and laughed hardily. I missed it the first time I read it, Those who know, when you see it....

-Digi
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited April 2011
    I saw it the first time I read it. Heartily chuckled.
  • edited April 2011
    Could we not just move spawn to a new area when the game launches and those who wish to start fresh can, and still leave everything intact while maintaining contact with those who don't wish to restart?

There is a large island west of town that could be MC edited out and re-generated, while that would make for some interesting edges we might just have to push west from town to generate new land and name it

New New Icrontown!

This
  • SuperStrifeSuperStrife Florida
    edited April 2011
    Gorzo wrote:
    This is one issue that no longer exists, btw. I appear to have found the problem and fixed it. You're welcome.
    I can only guess what it was.:range:
  • LazarusXeroLazarusXero Illinois Icrontian
    edited April 2011
    Hey all, not that it matters much, but the IC MC server was one of my main reason for joining the community. I wanted to find a MC land that wasn't fraught with griefers and where I could learn new tips and tricks for building my own creations. The thought (now moot) of wiping out the IC land scares me as I wish to lay claim to some area soon and start creating my own structures.

I do like the idea of a constantly resetting land, but this should be known from the onset so that any people entering the land understand that their efforts will be "consumed in a fiery death" at some point in the near future.

Just a question though, is it possible to "export" areas of the IC MC land into a new server? Kind of a cut/paste of existing buildings/structures/enormous-phallic-symbols?

Either way, as I want to start working on my own little section on the IC server, where would anyone suggest I go to do this?
    edited April 2011
    tl;dr

It couldn't possibly be clearer that my quote above is the case at this point.

Instead of reading replies to the contrary into perpetuity made by people who are reading the thread title instead of the thread comments, I'll close this thread and give people the opportunity to read my quote above instead of endlessly trolling us back through the same arguments that have been answered already.
This discussion has been closed.