Is my power supply big enough ? 620HX for 460x2 SLI

GooDGooD Quebec (CAN) Member
edited April 2011 in Hardware
Hello there :)

For the first time of my life i'm thinking about going SLI ^^

Basically i currently own a 620HX modular PSU and a Gigabyte 460GTX 1 GIG video card (i've updated my rig on my profile for more info) and i would like to know if my PSU would be "safe" to run another Gigabyte 460GTX in SLI with a little OC (not higher than 800/1000 in any case).

My rig is currently a bit overclocked on every level.

With the search i've done it seems like i would have enough space ahead to keep my actual PSU, but i'd like some external advice from you folks :)

Better be safe than sorry.

Thank you !

Comments

• ButtersButters CA Icrontian
    edited April 2011
    Here is a website provided by Antec for calculating wattage. Take it for what its worth.

http://www.antec.outervision.com/
  • GooDGooD Quebec (CAN) Member
    edited April 2011
    Thankx for the link, according to this site it's very close.

One thing this link make me realize is that my PSU is like 2 years old too, it may be not be able to perform at full capacity while delivering it's maximum wattage because of the Capacitor Aging.

Hmph... looks like it would be safer to go with a new one. i think i'll go with a 1000w this time so i don't have to change it for a long time lol. I hate changing PSU :(
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited April 2011
    Here is a nice list of ones you should look at

also, consider using the affiliate link (Click home, scroll to bottom, click on newegg link) to make the purchase!
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited April 2011
    I'm using this in my crossfire rig - It can't be beat for the money.
  • GooDGooD Quebec (CAN) Member
    edited April 2011
    Thank you for the suggestions :)