Nothing getting to my screen and my keyboard and mouse have no power???

AL4NAL4N GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UNITED KINGDOM
edited April 2011 in Hardware
Firstly hi everyone...
And help please I was on my pc yesterday and out of the blue I had to power down by pressing the main power button?
After I done this when I poweres back up there was no signal to my monitor and also I noticed that the keyboard and mouse have no power.
If I push the USB for the mouse in just so much the lef lights up and when I put the keyboard in the 3 lights num lock etc light up for a second but that's it I removed all the ram and got the beeps and all the fans cpu & power are working I've tried taking all the leads out and holding power button in for 30 seconds but still no joy I also tried removing the graphics card and trying the motherboatd graphics but still no joy PLEASE someone help...
Excuse the lack of punctiation :/ all and any.replies will be greatfully recieved tjanks in advance Alan...

Comments

• JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
    edited April 2011
    Hi!

What are your hardware specs? Do you know what forced you to power down manually? Did the computer freeze, did the screen go black, BSOD? I understand your computer will power up and beep, but nothing is showing on your monitor?
  • AL4NAL4N GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UNITED KINGDOM
    edited April 2011
    Thanks for the quick reply jokke.;)
    I think I know what the cause was but just not sure why it happened?
    I took the 2 2gb ddr2 cards that are on the board then put them back in to no joy took one of the cards out and by mistake thinking both were out I switched the pc back on to hear what the beeps were again and bam the thing started working fine tried putting the other card in again but it came up a blue screen saying something about it wouldn't let me boot any further to go to the recomended setting which was to let windows boot up and try and fix the error I tried this and it said it was unable to fix the problem so I took the memory card out again booted up and all was fine(touch wood)lol I take it the memory card must have gained a fault???
    Again thanks for the quick reply hope you van advise me on what to do next was thinking of just getting another 2gb ddr2 memory card and installing it?
    Sorry for the lack of punctuation:( lol
    Thanks Alan...
  • JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
    edited April 2011
    Others should comment on this too, but I see two possibilities here:

Somehow, your card reader draws too much power, which underpowers the rest of the components to the point of it all crashing.
    Or
    Your card reader and the rest of the computer aren't that friendly anymore, and one needs to move out.

On a completely different subject: If you know your punctuation is lacking, why don't you do something about it?
  • AL4NAL4N GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UNITED KINGDOM
    edited April 2011
    Thanks for the reply Jokke.
    In regards to the punctiation!
    I haven't bothered with it,as I am using my Samsung Galaxy S phone to type the messages so it's a bit of a pain trying to get all the punctiation in!lol
    Thanks Alan...