SCLi's help requested, grinder

_k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
edited May 2011 in Minecraft
I have a pit almost cleared over by property that I want to turn into a grinder, it is not square though. Wondering if SCLi or someone else can help me come up with a floor plan for the spawning floors and then the base floor for collecting.

I also want to make it super cool and give it an indicator array for when the grinder has someone standing in the collector. Plus a few other cool things..maybe.

Comments

• SuperStrifeSuperStrife Florida
    edited May 2011
    I dont know what you mean by "array", but the easy way to make an indicator for someone standing in the grinder is to use a stone plate connected to a redstone torch.
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    I know, but I am thinking of an occupied sign from several torches so from a distance it is easy to see instead of a single torch.

Plan on using this for the basic blue-prints. Though going to try for a center drop from levels but the area is rather large and am not sure about needed drop distance to keep water flowing and such. I really need to measure the dimensions of the whole and see what would be practical given water travel distance, thickness of floors needed to get the travel, number of floors possible, number of floors possible with more drop sections and a single collector on the base level, etc.

Materials are not an issue of course.
  • SuperStrifeSuperStrife Florida
    edited May 2011
    looks cool, making a large sign is no problem.