Icrontic server n00b advice?

CyrixInsteadCyrixInstead Stoke-on-Trent, England Icrontian
edited May 2011 in Minecraft
So I managed to get onto the Icrontic server over the weekend, it's quite a world the community has there! With it being the first multi player server I've played on I just thought I'd had a look around first, but after what seemed like forever wandering along never-ending semi-submerged corridors, I got a bit lost, had a swim in the sea, then got blow to bits by a creeper.

I'm still to figure out how to wok the train station (not dabbled with switches or anything yet), is this the main form of trainsport people use?

Are there any general guidelines about where I can go and stake some land out?

I'm happy to help people with projects, so I presume I just keep my eyes peeled on the forum for people asking for help with materials etc?

If anyone's got any tips or advice please let me know, cheers!

~Cyrix

Comments

• SuperStrifeSuperStrife Florida
    edited May 2011
    1. Teh train tation wok on buttyans. It wok really well san.
    (place a cart where the signs say to, aka all the way on the right side of the station)
    Get in your cart and and press a button based on where you want to go. Might be a good idea to go to all 4 locations on the system before deciding where you build, but hey, it's your call.

Mostly you want to follow the "if my stuff will interfere with someone else, I shouldnt build this close" rule, when it comes to staking out land. I haven't seen anyone complain about things being too close to their property, but if you do find someone who is out very far in the wilderness, chances are they built there for a reason, so best to avoid.

Also it should be noted that creepers creep. That is all.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    There's a section out in the wilderness past branmyson's castle, where CB built a sandstone base, I built an air castle and a church, CrazyJoe built a big mansion and Zanthian is building a dragon... you're welcome to find an unoccupied island near us and start a base.