No POST, No Display...

MrTRiotMrTRiot Northern Ontario Icrontian
edited May 2011 in Science & Tech
So I got my new computer set up and I wouldn't POST or show a display. Everything else ran fine, the HDD, the video card, all the fans, the CD drive yet it won't start...

I tried bare bone booting it and still no POST or display. I'm not sure what to do at this point since I'm not sure if it's a motherboard or the RAM and can't check the RAM since I only got a single 4 gig stick...

Any advice would be a great...

Comments

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    Remove RAM, if no beeps, then it is bad mobo. If it beeps, then find beep decoding in manual and see what it says with RAM in.
  • MrTRiotMrTRiot Northern Ontario Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    Doesn't beep with the RAM out BUT my motherboard "DRAM" LED goes away without it in. With the RAM in it stays a nice bright red...

Also, I'm not sure if the RAM I have is compatible with the motherboard I own. In the manual it says it isn't and on Corsair's website it isn't listed at all....
    edited May 2011
    Outlook is not good then. Buy appropriate RAM and re-test. FOR SCIENCE
    edited May 2011
    Going to return the RAM tomorrow (since it's a holiday today) and get a dual channel 4 gig set. Hopefully it won't be that hard to return since I got the motherboard and RAM at the same time....
    edited May 2011
    The RAM I did buy was compatible with the motherboard according to Corsair (they have really efficient customer service) so that wasn't the problem. I ended up lugging everything to the place I bought it and they ran a bunch of bare booting tests with my motherboard. Apparently it WAS POSTing but in a bad way, my motherboard was stuck in an endless cycle of POST. Conclusion? Factory bad motherboard...

It worked out for the best though. I got a nice Gigabyte 870A-UD3 instead plus a 10$ credit
    edited May 2011
    Interesting. Glad it worked out.