State of the TF2nion

Comments

• shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    The scout's 4-shot scattergunpistol is one of the things I'd say is an upgrade...but if you're getting 2-shotted by that, you'd get 2x meatshot by a regular scattergun. :/
  • PreacherPreacher Potomac, MD Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    Koreish wrote:
    You clearly haven't been around us long enough. It's both encouraged and common practice.

Karma,
    Koriesh is 100% correct. It's not sharing though. We don't wear it simultaneously...it's passing a family heirloom that has been in our family since the first Preachers were blessing the sabertooth hunts. Next thing you are going to suggest that I wash the thong when everyone knows you ruin it by washing and should allow it to season.
    fatcat wrote:
    But, too many things to do, have fun guys

Dat is some weak ass shite, fatcat. I feed you and let you swim in my redneck pool and that's the thanks I get?! FINE. No pool for you...ONE YEAR.

Lastly, as many have said, not having the latest weapons is NOT that big of a deal and hardly imbalances gameplay. However, I am happy to give my extra weapons to those that need them.
    edited June 2011
    Yeah I don't play much anymore - I'd be willing to donate any of the stuff in my backpack (except my precious, precious hats) to anyone that wanted some.

http://www.tf2items.com/id/shwaip
  • KarmaKarma Likes yoga Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    They just continue to buff pyros and ruin the gameplay for people who actually know and like how to play.
    edited June 2011
    sure.
  • the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    shwaip wrote:
    The scout's 4-shot scattergunpistol is one of the things I'd say is an upgrade...but if you're getting 2-shotted by that, you'd get 2x meatshot by a regular scattergun. :/

So..what else is actually worth getting, aka 'an upgrade'?

<-- has no upgrades
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    Preacher wrote:
    Karma,
    Koriesh is 100% correct. It's not sharing though. We don't wear it simultaneously...it's passing a family heirloom that has been in our family since the first Preachers were blessing the sabertooth hunts. Next thing you are going to suggest that I wash the thong when everyone knows you ruin it by washing and should allow it to season.

Oh Lord, my sides! I can't take this!
    edited June 2011
    Only a couple of these really are pure upgrades. Most of them have downsides depending on your playstyle. A big example is pyro - I like to play reflect pyro and also try to ignite/puff/quick axtinguish enemies - so the degreaser is a pure upgrade for that playstyle. However, I definitely notice that the damage of the flamethrower is higher in a fight.

scout:
    The Shortstop (ish)

soldier:
    Buff Banner (depending on your playstyle, maybe)
    Equalizer

pyro:
    degreaser (if you like to play reflect pyro)
    axtinguisher (imo)

demo:
    I don't play demo enough to really know

heavy:
    natascha (if your goal is to make the entire other team hate you)
    kgb

engie:
    IMO most of this stuff is sidegrade - it'll really depend on your playstyle.

medic:
    ubersaw
    amputator

sniper:
    nothing gamebreaking here. i prefer the rifle to the bow, but it's personal pref. (also only baddies use the bow)

spy:
    mostly playstyle-dependent. The dead ringer in a competent spy's hands in a definite upgrade, imo.
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    I will be on tonight, drunk as piss, sometime between 8pm and 11pm, whenever I get back from the fish fry of all the fish we caught yesterday. NOMS!

And leave in everything from BEFORE the ability to BUY items, hots, materials, etc.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    I played briefly with Error Null and BuddyJ last night.

I learned something EXTREMELY IMPORTANT about Engineers:

They can now pick up and move sentries! HOLY FUCK!
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    The ability to move buildings really was a great idea and should have been put in long ago.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    Are we still thinking of turning off hats?
    edited June 2011
    No, it will be TF2 as Valve intends it.
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    I am SOOO happy about this.
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    I don't feel like I am missing out on much by not having many weapons, but sometimes crazy shit will happen to me because of someone else's mystery weapon. I just get confused, since I've probably never seen their weapon before or know how it's likely to be used.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    I figure I'll spend some time standing in the back and healing until I get what's going on again. That what I always did whenever we got a new map.I would have to play a dozen times as medic only, just following people around, before I stopped getting lost.
  • JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    I haven't played TF2 since LAN '09. Might drop by when I get a new computer.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    @shwaip That's funny, because I regard Natasha as a serious downgrade. My reflexes don't care what speed the scout is jumping, I just want more bullets :D
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    I'm just as far behind as you on the items front: I don't have any of the new weapons for most classes. Shrug. I'll just play until I get them.
    I think you picked the right week to kick back in

doubledropweek.png

That really means you will get everything you already have 10x .... backburner 20x
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    ME DRUNK! YOU PLAY! NOW!
    edited June 2011
    Cannonfodder and Lincoln. Back in the saddle

TF2IC.jpg

Very, very fun game tonight. Great times!
    edited June 2011
    All I could hear was Lincoln's heavy either killing people while I healed him or killing me.
    edited June 2011
    I was playing like shit tonight but still had fun. Also can we remove some maps from the server? Mostly Payload races, and sawmill.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    Dangit, missed it tonight. Will be there next time.
    edited June 2011
    Sawmill was one of my favorites :/

I'm not on enough to count though ...
    edited June 2011
    No, we are not removing any maps from the server. Payload is fucking awesome, and most people love it.
  • MrTRiotMrTRiot Northern Ontario Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    Good time playing tonight! I got in kind of late but still had a blast!!!

Also, does anyone want my supply case for something (metal, random weapon, anything?)??
    edited June 2011
    No, we are not removing any maps from the server. Payload is fucking awesome, and most people love it.

Oh I love Payload. I hate Payload Races....Pipeline fucking blows a left testicle.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    Karma wrote:
    Oh I love Payload. I hate Payload Races....Pipeline fucking blows a left testicle.

That's quite a compliment. I have had a few beautiful things blow my left testicle.

-Digi
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    BobbyDigi wrote:
    That's quite a compliment. I have had a few beautiful things blow my left testicle.

-Digi

EfKZw.jpg