Memory crash?

CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄ƷDer Millionendorf- Icrontian
edited June 2011 in Minecraft
Several members of the Mitey Worriers are getting frequent, and somewhat annoying errors in Minecraft after the most recent update.

Every 15 minutes or so, it crashes out with an insufficient memory error. We've tried reinstalling, but no fix.

Is anyone else getting this?

Comments

• colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    I think Hitman was having that problem.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    I wasn't having problems when I was on the other night... don't see anything in the server logs either. Still, I changed the way the server is started to what should be a more memory efficient method.
  • SuperStrifeSuperStrife Florida
    edited June 2011
    Ardi - I'm getting the same error as well, and i'm pretty sure its a client side problem. Thanks for trying to help though, I'm sure that improving the server will certainly help.

Also i've noticed unloaded chunks are back in force. Not much we can do about that though.
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    As a client side issue, make sure you're running one of the -Xmx ammountofmemoryallocated commands to allocate more memory (I think the default without the switch set is 512. I always run with 1024). If you have a 64-bit machine that you're running 64-bit Java. Tons of reports of people switching to the appropriate 64-bit and losing the memory error.

Not a silver bullet but worth a shot.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    memory allocation? What is this, an early 90s DOS game?
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    You've seen the graphics, right?
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    CB wrote:
    memory allocation? What is this, an early 90s DOS game?

Unfortunately this is (mostly) a Java issue and not an issue with the game in-and-of-itself. If the flags aren't set, it just goes with the (admittedly silly) default.