APU + RAM = ?????

garfield619garfield619 Philippines New
edited July 2011 in Hardware
This might be a dumb question, but no one knows me here anyway so imma go ask it :P

Will adding memory increase the gaming performance of the APU? ( fusion sht by AMD, processor and grphcs ) btw, it is the asus eee PC 1215b.
specs: AMD C-50 dual core 1ghz
2 gigs ram ddr3
ATI radeon HD 6250

tried crysis 2, black ops and world of warcraft. all are playable (atleast). in the case of WoW, it works perfectly good. sooooo will upgrading memory help?

Comments

• fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited July 2011
    if your asus is the same as my acer AMD Fusion netbook, the 6250 will only ever use 256MB of ram for the video even going to 4GB
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited July 2011
    Going up to 4GB will make the PC feel more snappy, and perhaps improve load times, but it won't improve the GPU performance unless your BIOS offers the option to allocate more memory >256MB.
  • garfield619garfield619 Philippines New
    edited July 2011
    it is funny because most of the gaming videos i saw with the 6250 were in 4 gigs ram and SSDs but still when comparing it to my experience the fps and load time are relatively the same, except that their load time is faster. But still i think im gonna get the upgrade since MS office 2010 feels slow when opening it. No crysis on the go for me :( but TF 2 is already free! i could live with that :rockon: