Shogun 2?

GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
edited July 2011 in Gaming
Has anyone played Shogun 2? What did you think?

It's on the Steam Summer Sale and I was thinking about picking it up, but the only computer I have with me is Linux/ARM, so I can't check out the free demo. I haven't played a strategy game like this since Kessen on PS2 (which is to say that I haven't played any of the Total War games), but I feel like it's time. Just hesitate to spend $33 without knowing more. Thanks!

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited July 2011
    It's a seriously awesome RTS game. Very worthy of its reviews--I enjoy it a lot.
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited July 2011
    I like it quite a bit as well, and I've played all the Total War games. I like the vast majority of changes they have made for this game.

Not sure about a good comparison for the game's style, it's like Civilization with RTS epic battles sprinkled in.

One thing to consider is the game does take a beefy rig to run well, load times can get long and distracting.
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited July 2011
    Thanks guys! It might tun a bit slow on my home rig right now, but I'm planning to upgrade before Skyrim is out, so I can always return to it later if it drives me crazy.
  • ChemriofChemriof Soviet Scotland
    edited July 2011
    That game is so addicting, I stopped playing it because I would blow off important things.
  • SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian
    edited July 2011
    Not sure if they patched it yet, but the multiplayer campaign is rather broken. Other than that it is a fantastic game.