ICMC Community Project Land

2»

Comments

• the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian
    edited July 2011
    BobbyDigi wrote:
    T_T, I would love for you to head out and check it out also for your thoughts on:

1. Storage is going to be an issue but with planning it doesn't have to be. Check out how I have the current setup in the safe house. This can be expanded with multiple levels for as much storage as we need.
    2. We need ideas for a storage place. Do we build a warehouse or do we do it underground?
    3. We will also want to make a Nether path between the PWA complex and The Projects.
    4. We need renewable food. Do you have a wheat auto-farmer that can be built near the Corner Stone?

-Digi

I'll check it out. The idea for the PWA building is to have good storage AND auto-farmers for unlimted resources. I've already figured out cobble, wood (which then does charcoal and therefore unlimited stone), reeds and cacti as well as the mob and animal spawners.

It all takes a LOT of space. I was thinking of having it mostly built down into the underground and have all the outputs in a single location on the surface.

What's the priority right now for resources?

Also, why not clear away the dirt and any gravel/resources, and just blow the rest with TNT? You're going to have as much cobble as you would ever need.

I'm planning on having a lane mining complex laid out as part of the PWA:HQ as well.
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    edited July 2011
    Hokay guys, I've gotten the nether-tunnel between old spawn and the community land complete. Here are the coords I used to put the thing together:

Original spawn area:

x: -28
    y: 66
    z: 150

Linked nethergate (at original spawn):

x: -4
    y: 67
    z: 18

New Spawn (gate in nether):

x: 222
    y: 50
    z: -152

New Spawn (In safehouse/ real world)
    x: 1687
    y: 59
    z: -1148
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited July 2011
    A clearing I do go.... A clearing I do go....
  • UPSHitmanUPSHitman The Big Nasty Indianapolis, Indiana Icrontian
    edited July 2011
    The Giant Mountain that is staring down on the project land is no longer laughing. We demolished the top half and I think by the end of tonight the Mt. will be gone.
  • SuperStrifeSuperStrife Florida
    edited July 2011
    I got tired of walking, so now the IC rail system goes into the nether.
    edited July 2011
    I got tired of walking, so now the IC rail system goes into the nether.

Nice, earlier today I had modified some parts of the tunnel to include stairs, and increase space so we could run a minecart track through there. Glad to see you got it up and running :D

I had to fix one part where an unpowered power-rail on a ramp was causing the cart to stop, but it now goes perfectly smoothly ^^
    edited July 2011
    cola wrote:
    Nice, earlier today I had modified some parts of the tunnel to include stairs, and increase space so we could run a minecart track through there. Glad to see you got it up and running :D

I had to fix one part where an unpowered power-rail on a ramp was causing the cart to stop, but it now goes perfectly smoothly ^^

good deal, now if only it would stop flooding with pigmen!
  • SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian
    edited July 2011
    I mined about 4000+ blocks today. I used some coal for smelting and the iron I mined went to making more tools. All the dirt, gravel, and cobble went into the appropriate chests, or chests outside with nothing in them. I'll try and work more tomorrow before I go to work.
  • edited July 2011
    Yeah I thought I brought more then enough diamond tools to last a while but after I went through 2 shovels and a pick by myself clearing maybe a 10 block wide 6 block tall strip of who knows how many blocks I don't believe I've made more than a dent in the tools we will need.

I spruced up the door to the safehouse with some sheep I kept running into and some redstone I had on me, hope you guys like it
  • GorzoGorzo Columbus, OH
    edited July 2011
    cleared out a couple diamond shovels worth of dirt, but a creeper exploded on me while unloading into the dirt chests. No real damage done, I replaced the chests it blew up (let me know if I missed removing any of the registrations) and got all the dirt off the ground, but watch out for that lighting, it came from over by the safehouse not the mountain. I threw some extra torches around where I think it spawned.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited July 2011
    I've unloaded a supply of bread at the barracks for people to use if needed. My autofarm can produce nearly 3 stacks of wheat per harvest.... and I've now updated it to use pistons so harvesting is done with the click of a switch. Good times.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited July 2011
    Wednesday Night! 10pm EST: Turntable and Minecraft Clearing... Be there!

-Digi
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited July 2011
    I'll join up when I get home from the gym.
    edited July 2011
    I'll be there for youuuuu
    edited July 2011
    I left some diamond picks and shovels for tonight. I'll possibly be there to clear and to clean out pesky pigmen form minecart tracks.
  • UPSHitmanUPSHitman The Big Nasty Indianapolis, Indiana Icrontian
    edited July 2011
    ill be there
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited July 2011
    The Great Week Two Clearing!

MINECRAFT

VENT

TURNTABLE

MOAR CAPS!

-DIGI