Backing up HALO

fudgamfudgam Upstate New York
edited February 2004 in Gaming
I got Halo for xbox just laying around(Who doesnt?) and I was wondering if its possible to play on my computer. I know I can just play Halo for pc, I have it, Its just something I want to for the h*ll of it. I already have an xbox emulator. I figure all I need to do is create an image and point the emulator program to my dvd/cd drive for all the other info. Anybody have any experience doing this?

Comments

• edited January 2004
    I dont think a working XBox emulator exists...
  • EMTEMT Seattle, WA Icrontian
    edited January 2004
    TheSmJ wrote:

Second that.
  • fudgamfudgam Upstate New York
    edited January 2004
    Are there any working PS2 emulators?
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited January 2004
    nope, nobody has succesfully emulated any of the new generation of systems...

Here's the thing:

Emulation became really big during the last generation, so they weren't protected from it... They took it into consiteration when designing the new systems...

In addition, it always takes a lot more system resources to emulate game system platform on PC than the original game system used. this is due to all of the background processes that are nessicary (and all of the trial and error style code that the emulators are written in (very inefficient)). My P3 1.2Ghz can barely handle N64 emulation...
  • fudgamfudgam Upstate New York
    edited January 2004
    Well then..........sh*t.
  • edited January 2004
    TheSmJ wrote:

no one does... it can only play halo, but thats what the guy wants to do. i don't remember the name of it though, i'll ask around.
  • JAZJAZ UK
    edited February 2004
    Theres two X-Box emulators in development at the moment (Xeon/CXBX) but neither of them can actually play commercial games yet, you can get a few screens to display if you really mess about with them but its a real chore thats not really worth the hassle.
    All the next gen consoles are quite a way away from playable emulation, allthough theres some great progress being made with PS2 and to a slightlly lesser degree with the gamecube (PCSX2 and Dolphin are both showing great improvements all the time)
    The best place to keep informed on next gen console emulation is www.ngemu.com