Hard drive not detected/usable after running Seatools for DOS

adarryladarryl No Man Stands So Tall As When He Stoops To Help a Child. Icrontian
edited August 2011 in Hardware
Have a Seagate 320 Gb SATA drive that went down on me. I ran Seatools for DOS, found 79 errors and allowed Seatools to "repair all." After that, the drive will not boot to Windows. In fact, the drive is recognized as "not formatted." Using ESATA, I connected it to one of my other PC's hoping to salvage files, but the 2nd PC will not boot as long as this 320 is connected. If I disconnect either the ESATA cable or the SATA power cable, the PC will boot up just fine. The 320 does show up in the 2nd PC's BIOS when connected via ESATA, but that is as far as it will go. Is there any hope for accessing files on this 320 without sending it in? I am not going to waste time formatting and reinstalling Windows; I just was hoping to extract files on it.

Comments

• PirateNinjaPirateNinja Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    Connect the 320 to your working PC with a USB or FireWire connection instead of esata. That would make life easy. From there you can see if Windows can see the drive, and do what you can to recover data.