Asrock P67 Extreme4 Memory Speed

PirateNinjaPirateNinja Icrontian
edited August 2011 in Hardware
I just realized, probably 8 months in to my current build, that my memory is running and detected at 1333. I'd prefer it run at 1600.
This is the memory I am using:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820220556

I looked in the UEFI and I can't figure out how to change it.
I feel old, but the last time I had to do this was in the simple BIOS days where one simply had a multiplier and FSB so if I wanted to increase my memory speed I would just increase the frequency of the FSB and adjust timings/voltage as necessary.

However, I just don't see any of that here. All I see is an option to adjust my multiplier. The multiplier seems to be set at Auto, but manual mode defaults to 33. This makes me think my FSB is 100mhz as the cpu I use is the Intel i5 2500k which I believe runs at 3.3 gigglehertz.

Thoughts? I'm confused about it all.

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    Somewhere in the BIOS will be an option to set a memory multiplier of 16x. Either that, or it will say "DDR3-1600" outright. Either way, it's there somewhere.
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    According to the manual, you should have a section for Advanced\DRAM Configuration. (I'm guessing, but you may have to not select Auto for your DRAM settings.) First option on that page is "Load XMP Setting". This is what you'll want to use as the advertised RAM speeds are almost certainly stored there.
    Don't know if your printed manual is the same as the one I downloaded for your board, but the information was found on page 61 of the .pdf.
  • PirateNinjaPirateNinja Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    You guys rock. Mertesn thank you for going as far as rtfming for me.

The latest uefi is different than what the manual talks about.
    I went back in and found it under "OC Tweaker --> DRAM Timing -->" On the top of that page there was a spot to load the proper profile and now I am running faster.

Thank you both for the tips and encouragement.