HELP ID MY ATI CARD

edited August 2011 in Hardware
Greetings everyone,

I had to wipe my HD yesterday. To many friends and such using my computer lately and it seemed to be bogged down...

As I was going to install my graphics driver I realized I did not have the CD. I tried to auto detect the card using ATI's program with no luck. The card does not have a name labeled on it at all. The only thing I can find are two similar numbers:

ATI 102-A676

and

102A6762630

Can anyone tell me what driver I would need for this card or what card it is?

Comments

• Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    Is this an OEM system of some kind? Dell, HP, Emachines, whatever? If so, often if you go to their website search the model, they have an old working driver available.

My guess is it's an actual made by ATI product, so it's a bit older. I'm thinking maybe an X300? I'm not 100% sure though. Let me know if you have an OEM machine make and model and I'll try to look it up.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    Google says it's likely a Dell-specific part, and probably in the X800 family.
  • edited August 2011
    I found something on it being a dell, but nothing about the x800. I guess I could roll the dice and run it on a x800 driver and see what happens.

My laptop crashed a few years back and my father had some random parts from a gutted project laying around his house. We slapped it all together to make the tower that I am on now... with the weird card. It may very well have come from a gutted dell intended for my step mom.

I'll let you guys know how it turns out.
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    madxmac771 wrote:
    I found something on it being a dell, but nothing about the x800. I guess I could roll the dice and run it on a x800 driver and see what happens.

My laptop crashed a few years back and my father had some random parts from a gutted project laying around his house. We slapped it all together to make the tower that I am on now... with the weird card. It may very well have come from a gutted dell intended for my step mom.

I'll let you guys know how it turns out.

I'm almost certain its from the X300-X800 line. If you have a RAM marker on the back 64 MB might tell me its an X300 where 256 MB might tell me its an X800.

Heck, they may of used the same driver? Looking at the website, the Catalyst 10.2 looks like it may have been the last supported driver for that line. I might suggest you give that a shot.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    Dxdiag output would be helpful, I imagine (I think ... been a while since I had to identify cards)
  • edited August 2011
    I installed the driver for x800-x1500 and it took. Its currently identifying itself with CCC as a x1300/x1500 256mb now that I have it in. Everything seems to be running smoothly. I am installing some games to give it a real test. I ran DX diag and that is coming up positive as well.

Thanks for all the help
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    congrats... always nice to get things working. :thumbsup