Heatsink/Fan

croc_croc_ New
edited July 2003 in Hardware
Ordering an SLK900 right now ... any suggestions on fans?

Vantec Tornado? 5900rpm .... prolly nice and loud ....

Comments

• DoM-aLDoM-aL Indiana
    edited June 2003
    Ya i got a similar question..
    Ordered a slk 900 and a vantec stealth with rpm around 1900... How is that gonna overclock?
  • croc_croc_ New
    edited June 2003
    YOU CANT OVERCLOCK A HEATSINK NOOB!!! lol jk.

dont worry i know al, hes my bitch.
  • ReignReign New York
    edited June 2003
    croc_ ... did you make sure your motherboard is compatible? Not all are.. and many require lots of bending...

For fans i recommend the Palanflo H1A or M1A (that's only if you're not overclocking) ... i myself have an H1A and get VERY good temps and its quiet. Much better CFM/sound ratio than the Vantec Stealths.

For overclocking... the tornado is VERY loud.. but if you don't mind sound, get it. Just remember with the SLK-900 you can go with 92mms and there are much quieter ones than the tornado.
  • SimGuySimGuy Ottawa, Canada
    edited June 2003
    Vantec's 92mm "Tornado" fan, spinning @ 4800 RPM with a total CFM rating of 119 is perfectly matched to the requirements of the ThermalRight SLK-900. Just make sure that you can handle the noise (which is very audible).

Make sure that your board can handle the SLK-900, as she is a whopper of a heatsink (1 LB of pure copper), without a fan. :)

Check out this link to ThermalRight's website, which shows Socket A Motherboard Compatability Information.

http://www.thermalright.com/faq_900_Motherboard.html
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited June 2003
    Mechatronics 80mm 53cfm 39dba. Its audible but not very loud.
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    Rheostat ;)
  • WuGgaRoOWuGgaRoO Not in the shower Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    enermax...the 92mm adjustable fan...it can be poverful or quiet
  • croc_croc_ New
    edited July 2003
    MSI K7N2-L not on the list ... hrms