Game Stop Deus: EX reimbursement program

erichblas2005erichblas2005 Your Native TexanHouston,Texas Member
edited August 2011 in Gaming
I just got this e-mail earlier today. I'm going to game stop tomorrow.
Dear GameStop customer,

Earlier this week, GameStop removed a competitor's coupon from standard edition PC versions of Deus Ex: Human Revolution, a recent release by Square Enix. We were not aware that the product box would contain this competitor's offer. We regret the events surrounding this title release and that our customers were put in the middle of this issue between GameStop and Square Enix, the publisher of this game. And for this, we are truly sorry.

For your inconvenience, we would like to offer you a free $50 GameStop gift card and a Buy 2 Get 1 Free pre-owned purchase. We want to earn back your trust and confidence in the GameStop experience. Please bring in this email and your store receipt or order confirmation from GameStop.com and present it to a Game Advisor.

Sincerely,
Paul Raines
CEO, GameStop

Comments

• fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    $50 doesn't buy trust and confidence
  • RootWyrmRootWyrm Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    $50 in store credit AKA "HA HA WE GOT YOU _ANYWAY_ SUCKER."

No thanks. I'm not going to reward this kind of illegal behavior.
  • erichblas2005erichblas2005 Your Native Texan Houston,Texas Member
    edited August 2011
    Well I got my gift card. All I did is bring my original receipt.
  • Bad-Mr-FrostyBad-Mr-Frosty Member
    edited August 2011
    RootWyrm wrote:
    $50 in store credit AKA "HA HA WE GOT YOU _ANYWAY_ SUCKER."

No thanks. I'm not going to reward this kind of illegal behavior.

What do you mean by rewarding it? Wouldn't you be rewarding it by not spending the 50$ they give you?
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    Kiss my ass, GameStop.
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    Get the giftcard then buy something with the lowest margin possible, muhhahahahahaha!

You know, if we really wanted to put the screws to gamestop, we should really come up with a better way to trade used console games online then through the mail. If it caught on as a viable trade in method, and their used business tanked, they would be closing shop inside a year. Honestly, it's the only thing that make any real money on.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    or...they could just make consoles that used steam for games and got rid of hard copies completely...
  • erichblas2005erichblas2005 Your Native Texan Houston,Texas Member
    edited August 2011
    Well its unlikely that there business will tank after all it's owned by barnes&nobel. I used to work for them but only for a month I pissed off the regional manager they wanted me to look like an idiot and hand out bs ads. This was my way of sticking it to the man.
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    I heard of one Gamestop that was selling burned discs with a TF2 installer on them after it became F2P for $20 each.