Yes, we DID put ads in the forums

2»

Comments

• Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited March 2004
    Jake wrote:
    I'm fairly sure we don't have to worry about the Buddhists hitting below the belt -- or hitting at all, for that matter -- but I don't think we can rule out the Christians pulling out a sword mid-way through the match... :buck:

Oh, and just for the record, I am a Christian -- even attend church on a weekly basis -- but I'm very conscious of our bloody, bloody history and, by and large, intolerance of anyone who subscribes to a different system of beliefs.

Nothing like commenting on an old ass thread....

Well, they just sit down and meditate.... :D We, if we follow scripture of NT kind, use words for swords mostly.... OT, yeah swords, NT, words.

John D.
  • JakeJake Alec Baldwin's Chest Hair
    edited March 2004
    Ageek wrote:
    Well, they just sit down and meditate.... :D We, if we follow scripture of NT kind, use words for swords mostly.... OT, yeah swords, NT, words.

True, but historically Xians have far too often preached the NT while practicing the law of the OT. I'm not saying we've done more OT stuff than NT, I'm not even saying it's been 50/50, because I don't honestly know how it breaks down, but I am saying that we've carried out OT justice far too often. From a historically factual standpoint, our government does it everytime they execute someone (eye for an eye).

But it seems like the government may be coming around -- because now they're using words in courts and legislatures to keep the "homosexual scourge" in check instead of ropes, chains, pickup trucks, and sharp pointy metal things. So, let's hear it for progress! :skeptic:

I'll shut up now, honest. Sometimes I just have to get the message out there that there are, in fact, Christians who really buy into the notion of not imposing the lifestyle choices which they choose for themselves onto anyone else.

Let's hear it for diversity! :)

:Canflag: :sweflag: :usflag:
  • JakeJake Alec Baldwin's Chest Hair
    edited March 2004
    Jake wrote:
    Let's hear it for diversity! :)

:Canflag: :sweflag: :usflag:

I just realized: we really need to get some South American / African / Asian flag action going on. Don't get me wrong, I love Canadians, Swedes, and my fellow Americans, but... Well, methinks our flag representation is currently a tad homogenous in its racial representation. :buck:

Speaking of which, apologies to all the UK folk, didn't mean to omit YOUR flag last time. :banghead:

:respect: :ukflag:
  • EyesOnlyEyesOnly Sweden New
    edited March 2004
    And that has what to do with ads? :scratch: Just wondering. :D
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited March 2004
    Jake wrote:
    I just realized: we really need to get some South American / African / Asian flag action going on. Don't get me wrong, I love Canadians, Swedes, and my fellow Americans, but... Well, methinks our flag representation is currently a tad homogenous in its racial representation. :buck:

Speaking of which, apologies to all the UK folk, didn't mean to omit YOUR flag last time. :banghead:

Ditto EyesOnly, but if you make similar quality ones for other countries represented by members, it's likely they would be added :)
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited April 2004
    For the record, prime, I think it's bad karma to cause ads like this:
    Scientology News
    Good news stories covering different religions and
    to show up...
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited April 2004
    Yeah, it's pretty hard to keep up with all the totally irrelevant ads... It took me over a week to get rid of all the "bette midler tickets" ads...

Google keeps promising that they are working on their relevancy... We'll see..
  • dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited April 2004
    Jake wrote:

Whilst we are :topic:
    Jake wrote:
    South American / African / Asian flag action going on.
    :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :sad2:
  • dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited April 2004
    OK, back ON TOPIC, i think the ad's are a great idea from my point of view. Found quite a few interesting links to information aswell as Aussie on-line stores. The religious ones dont bother me. Sally is christian and does not try to force it down anyones neck.

Like the ad's, if you are interested you go and look. If not, go to the next page and the ad's are different. Most of the time i don't really see them as such. Too busy checking the threads.

Just my 2c worth. :)

Jon
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited April 2004
    Well I'm pretty sure that the religious ones show up because of my signature. As I see them, I'll be adding them to the block list.
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited April 2004
    Google keeps promising that they are working on their relevancy... We'll see..

I've been working on mine for years.