Lets have a TF2 game night?

13»

Comments

• RootWyrmRootWyrm Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    I'm more partial to having the server full than keeping the friendly fire enabled. FF is not a game changer, just a silly diversion. The community benefit of having more full server more often outweighs the 30 second goofiness.

^^^^^^^^^^
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    TONIGHT! 6PM Pacific / 9PM Eastern

xL9db.jpg

Come!

-Digi
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    I'll be there to stab/snipe/punch/generallyownface :D
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    In.
    edited October 2011
    Possibly in; depends how raid goes. (Usually done around 9:30ish latest.)
    Seeking Pony-related suggestions for Name and Description for my Strange Wrench.
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    In for at least a couple of rounds
    edited October 2011
    I'm hoping this is a one time thing, but I'm having connection issues with the server. Not unlike what was happening before the patch(es)

Edit: Going out on a limb and saying it's not. Hoping Scratch is around. Looks like it's rebooting the server still.
    edited October 2011
    Next time:

W9TwZ.jpg
  • PirateNinjaPirateNinja Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    BobbyDigi wrote:
    Next time:

W9TwZ.jpg

lololol

in.
    edited October 2011
    +1 digi
  • ScratchScratch Florida, USA
    edited October 2011
    On top of the client crashing, there is still a server crash that occasionally happens on map changes. I need to see the server console when that happens, so I'm disabling the "auto-restart on crash" feature our server has. I don't know if I can fix it or if we need to wait for a patch, but it deserves being looked into.

If anyone is on the server when it crashes, add me on Steam and let me know so I can get the data I need and restart the server manually.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/VegasLLJK
    I'm hoping this is a one time thing, but I'm having connection issues with the server. Not unlike what was happening before the patch(es)

Edit: Going out on a limb and saying it's not. Hoping Scratch is around. Looks like it's rebooting the server still.
    Sorry, but I don't think the problem is server side. Everyone else is getting 50-80 ping to the server while you were up above 200. You could try a traceroute to the server, just to identify where the problem is. Unfortunately, I doubt there will be anything you can do.

I wish it was a server issue, because then I could probably fix it.
    edited October 2011
    There have been crashes for individual players on almost all the servers I have been on recently. Hence the Crash drinking game is relevant. I'll be on a full server and then half the players freeze and are gone while the other half are seemingly unaffected. While I don't think it is a specific server (ie: IC Server) issue, I don't think it is a specific player (ie: MMS) issue either, but there is an issue. Basically just have to give it time :-S... Valve time.

-Digi
  • PirateNinjaPirateNinja Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    I just hope they get it patched up before Halloween, it's my favorite TF2 playing time every year.
  • ScratchScratch Florida, USA
    edited October 2011
    I'm aware of the client crashes too, but those I can't possibly fix. I don't think the map change crashing is IC specific either, but since its server side I might be able to do something, depending on what is causing it.
  • trooster89trooster89 Are you from London? Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    BobbyDigi wrote:
    Next time:

W9TwZ.jpg

Challenge Accepted
    edited October 2011
    It's missing "reinstall the game because that will totally help" and "reinstall entire system because that will totally help."
    (Yes, people are actually doing that. I guess they live by a river in Egypt.)
  • Bad-NeighborBad-Neighbor Columbus, OH
    edited October 2011
    I have a fresh Windows 7 install and TF2 crashes on exit 80% of the time. Thank goodness it doesn't affect gameplay.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    Lots of fixes related to TF2 crashes here, so you may find something useful.
  • Bad-NeighborBad-Neighbor Columbus, OH
    edited October 2011
    Google has fixed many- dozens, even- of crashes over the years, yet I've never seen that site before. Thanks.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    My google-fu is strongest while I should be working. Been a really slow day ticket-wise. It may also be some recent update stuff they have done, because lots of people were reporting recent issues and that article is back from June.
    edited October 2011
    TF2...I think you are going to die for a bit with BF3 being so awesome.
    edited October 2011
    pigflipper wrote:
    TF2...I think you are going to die for a bit with BF3 being so awesome.

With the Halloween update pending and a possible Christmas update coming (both 100% Free)... I'm thinking BF3 ($50) is going to have a run for it's money.

-Digi
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    If I had a dollar for every time pigflipper has called the ending of TF2... I'd have about tree fitty right now.
    edited October 2011
    BobbyDigi wrote:
    With the Halloween update pending and a possible Christmas update coming (both 100% Free)... I'm thinking BF3 ($50) is going to have a run for it's money.

-Digi

This is the truth. I'll likely get BF3 after I've played Skyrim (and TF2...mmm delicious), so sometime in December.

Edit: So...I need Vista or better for BF3? Yeah, not going to happen before December. Eff that.