Fancy mousepads?

shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
edited September 2011 in Hardware
Anyone have a fancy mousepad that they like?

I used to have a ratpadz (way back when), but i eventually wore down the plastic. I've been alternating between desk and random cloth pads, but I'm thinking of picking up a nicer pad - I don't really like the feeling of cloth pads.

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    I have a Steelseries Experience I-2. I may never need or want another mousepad again.
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    I've heard that laser mice can have tracking problems on it. I have a g500...
    edited September 2011
    My Logitech G700 and Razer Naga both track perfectly. Who knows.
    edited September 2011
    Wireless mouse? What do you know.
    thx
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    64_3.jpg
    I'm fond of the Mouse Arena (pictured), but I no longer have the deskspace for it, so I'm using a 3M optical precision pad with a gel wrist rest.
    edited September 2011
    It's cute, because it has a little antenna for communicating <i>with the past</i> for wired mice.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    <3 wires.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    It makes the signals go faster?
    edited September 2011
    Unless the wire is kinked somewhere.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    I have a Rude Gameware Fierce gaming surface, and I love it. Similar to Rob's feelings: I don't think I'll ever need another mouse surface. It's steel and just lovely. Now, when I'm forced to use a regular mousepad, I find it squishy and mushy feeling.
  • PirateNinjaPirateNinja Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    I used to use a Cooler Master 10th Anniversary brushed aluminum mousepad that I won on icrontic probably eight years ago. It was awesome, but not cozy. Now I use my desk, which has a glass surface. Works great with my MX anywhere mouse which is designed to work with glass surfaces.

Anyways, I just want to push even more support against fabric based mousepads which are hard to clean and don't feel smooth.
  • StarmanStarman Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    I'm allergic to normal fabric mousepads, so I've been looking out for a good surface. I'm eyeing the one Prime posted here, now.
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    I'm using the Mionix Propus 380. It is fantastic.
    edited September 2011
    I have a Rude Gameware Fierce gaming surface, and I love it. Similar to Rob's feelings: I don't think I'll ever need another mouse surface. It's steel and just lovely. Now, when I'm forced to use a regular mousepad, I find it squishy and mushy feeling.

I can confirm that Brian's mousepad is also bossome.
    edited September 2011
    Bought the I-2. It is shit-hot with the included mouse feet.
    edited September 2011
    Yus. Amazing mousepad. Unf.
    edited September 2011
    HNNNNNNNG
  • RootWyrmRootWyrm Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    I use a crappy Belkin with built in wrist rest.
    Did I mention it is crap? Picks up dirt like crazy. But it was ten bucks, and I've had it for years. It gets dirty, I throw it in the washer, good as new.

... yeah, somebody stole my original - I forget who made it. It was like the first 'pro' giant hard mouse surface. I am not happy about that. That thing was a beast. (Basically, Steelseries S&S. Actually, it literally was the exact same everything as the S&S.)
  • JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    I use the wood that my desk is made of. Works like a charm.
  • ErrorNullTurnipErrorNullTurnip Illinois Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    Jokke wrote:
    I use the wood that my desk is made of. Works like a charm.

^This. There's also a small flat spot on my laptop when I'm not at a desk. Do these mousepads really make that much of a difference?
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    I was a no-mousepad user until I got this Rude steel mousepad. It does make a significant difference.
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    It may be debatable on how much you have to spend, if a hard surface, or a good quality cloth surface is better, but I am absolutely certain that any quality gaming mousepad is going to beat the heck out of tracking on your desk for multiple reasons.

First - You won't be scratching up your desk.

Second - You won't be wearing out the silicone gliders on the bottom of the mouse as quickly when you use a surface that is optimized for less friction.

Third - a surface with reduced friction actually does reduce wrist strain, I know this seems like marketing, but it's not, I'm an old "my desk is just fine" convert. Your wrist will appreciate the reduced friction over a long session.

Hard mats are nice because they are really easy to clean. Cloth mats with a nice teflon coating glide really nice, and I know some prefer the feel. Either way you go, you are better off with a decent mouse-pad, figure around $15-$25 for something decent.