links in email trouble

yossarian084yossarian084 Norwich, VT, USA Member
edited September 2011 in Internet & Media
I'm trying to unsubscribe from some spam emails and my browsers (FF, Chrome, and Explorer) won't let me click on any links in the emails. The URL begins with "blockedhttp://etc." How can I fix this?

Comments

• RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    That would be a setting within Gmail, hotmail, whatever email you are using. Just find options or.. if it is in the SPAM folder already, just delete the whole folder, it is already blocking it from getting to your inbox.

Unsubscribing will generally not work with spammers, it just confirms their spam actually reached a person.
  • yossarian084yossarian084 Norwich, VT, USA Member
    edited September 2011
    I have the problem in Outlook as well, which makes me think its a computer setting. The problem isnt just with spam, I get the same message with any link.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    Do you have any security programs installed? Any firewalls? Any anti-virus or anti-spyware?
    edited September 2011
    At home I have AVG, the free version but thats it. It doesnt happen with all links either, just certain ones like the "unsubscribe" one
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    I would try uninstalling AVG. Try Avira Antivir or Avast instead. If it's not the problem, at least you'll have a better antivirus installed. AVG is not what it once was by any stretch of the imagination.
    edited September 2011
    Cool. I'll do that, thanks.