Annoying sound and video problems

2»

Comments

• JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    They are not allowed to charge for labour. The exception is if the error occur within 30 days of purchase, then all expenses are covered by the retailer, according to Norwegian consumer laws. If warranty had expired, they could just say blankly no to even accept it for repairs, or charge me just as much as they'd like to fix it.

Anyways, I'll disable GPU F@H, and hope that Multicom will be nice to me. Might be other rules since they actually built it.
  • PirateNinjaPirateNinja Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    hands down, bottom line, end of conversation, no question, for sure, the end, realtalkâ„¢, hand of god
    ---

I'd see how far you get with the new driver, and then if you still have problems with the driver crashing, throttle or shut down the gpu folding client.
    edited September 2011
    Ok, so since last driver update (2 days ago), the sound has been consistenstly crispy clear, and no weird graphics fuckups. I'm thinking the sound problem seems cleared, still waiting a little to see for the graphics.
  • RootWyrmRootWyrm Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    Jokke wrote:
    Ok, so since last driver update (2 days ago), the sound has been consistenstly crispy clear, and no weird graphics fuckups. I'm thinking the sound problem seems cleared, still waiting a little to see for the graphics.

Yup, no surprise there. Honestly, the video driver issues are not gonna go away. I still see them on a regular basis with random triggers on the system with the 8800GTS. It's just bugs and poor quality code here there and everywhere. Might be reduced though. The sound issue definitely smells like driver bug. Realtek, well, this happens. A lot. (I'm still waiting for a fix for total cutout when >16 channels are triggered on a 64 channel Codec.)
    edited September 2011
    Update: I've figured out the sound issue. Seems it WASN'T the driver (although it may have helped), but uTorrent! I was watching a movie, and suddenly I noticed scrathing and distortion again. Puzzled, I asked myself what I just did. I had just started uTorrent, so I shut it down. No sound issue. Open it back up, and hello scratching! Shut it down again and the issue instantly dissappears.. This also explains why it'd be fixed by a reboot, as that would shut uTorrent down. Who would have known? Thanks for the help though! It's always nice to have updated drivers.

No new graphics issues.
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    Jokke wrote:
    Update: I've figured out the sound issue. Seems it WASN'T the driver (although it may have helped), but uTorrent! I was watching a movie, and suddenly I noticed scrathing and distortion again. Puzzled, I asked myself what I just did. I had just started uTorrent, so I shut it down. No sound issue. Open it back up, and hello scratching! Shut it down again and the issue instantly dissappears.. This also explains why it'd be fixed by a reboot, as that would shut uTorrent down. Who would have known? Thanks for the help though! It's always nice to have updated drivers.

No new graphics issues.

You are welcome, anytime I am not real busy IRL. I LIKE working on system puzzles. That is what I do instead of gaming.

John
    edited September 2011
    Video driver crashed again. It's not F@H, uninstalled that last week.
    Was playing Mount&Blade (the original) when color got all effed up. Quit the game, everything runs normal for about five seconds, and then starts an infinate loop of crashing and restoring until reboot. Drivers fucked?

Error log:

[PHP]
    Logname: System
    Source: Display
    Date: 26.09.2011 22:45:22
    Event-ID: 4101
    Oppgavekategori:None
    Level: Warning
    Keyword: Classic
    User: I/T
    Computer: Jokke-PC
    Description:
    Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding, and has been restored.
    Event-XML-file:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"&gt;
    <System>
    <Provider Name="Display" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">4101</EventID>
    <Level>3</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2011-09-26T20:45:22.000000000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>19964</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>System</Channel>
    <Computer>Jokke-PC</Computer>
    <Security />
    </System>
    <EventData>
    <Data>nvlddmkm</Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>
    [/PHP]

(event log has been translated from Norwegain to English for easier analysis)
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    Download the original driver (here) and do a clean install (if that is an option). It is probably hitting a bug in the driver software, and because they decided to release their own, you can't install an updated one to fix your issue. boo on OEMs that do this. The other option is format and then installing drivers on clean system, then stress testing (or testing specific programs known to cause issues since it doesn't seem to be heat related).
  • PirateNinjaPirateNinja Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    Well given he had the same issue with the original driver, I'm not sure that's going to help much.

Jokke: The only thing I can think of is to underclock your gpu and it's memory by 10mhz increments until this stops happening.
    Otherwise send it back to the manufacturer and complain your way in to a free replacement.

For whatever reason, your graphics card just isn't responding well to load situations.
    edited September 2011
    I agree, and am unsure if it is load based or buggy driver not being updated (Furmark for load would help, but can't test driver changes)
    edited September 2011
    Alright, temps were in the low 60s at time of crash, so I don't think heating is an issue.

Got 2692 PCMarks using PCMark Basic, no odd reactions to it.
    Also, playing Red Orchestra 2, Dead Island, New Vegas, Medal of Honor (all at max graphics) doesn't give any issues even after hours of gametime..
    edited September 2011
    With that in mind, I definitely think the games causing crashes are hitting buggy parts of the driver (and you can't do anything about that because of the way the company chose to implement the driver software), while others are not having any issues because they don't hit those parts of the driver.