Charity event

Slayer5227Slayer5227 Elkridge Member
edited September 2011 in Gaming
On Oct.15 I will be playing 24 hours straight to raise money for children's hospitals. Please help me out and join the cause or donate and help me reach my goal. Don't feel obligated to donate, but any little bit helps. Thanks guys :).

Donate here: http://www.extra-life.org/participant/Slayer5227

Comments

• JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    Link no work for me. It says "Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete."
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    ==> Jokke: Firefox 6.0.2 errorlessly completes both links properly here. You might try this if you have Firefox 5.0 (very buggy) or 6.0 (only a little less buggy) or earlier. In upper left hand corner of Firefox, click the down arrow button next to its name. Hover mouse over help Clicking things with right arrows next to them does nothing). On the menu that pops up click "About Firefox". If there is a somewhat wrongly labeled button that says "Check For Updates" Click it for that to result in an automatic double-check for an update install archive on the appropriate Mozilla download server, download, and install (fully automatic) of the latest version and subversion. If there is no button, there should be a line that tells you that Firefox is up to date in Help/About instead (right where the button would be).
  • Slayer5227Slayer5227 Elkridge Member
    edited September 2011
    Haven't gotten anything yet, just want to bump this in the hopes that if anyone who wanted to donate couldn't see it earlier. Really helps the kids guys.
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    I'll add something to the till.
    edited September 2011
    Thanks Mr. Cliff I really appreciate it.
  • JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    edited September 2011
    Due to a very generous donor I have reached my goal of 100 dollars, I will be raising it to see if I can get 500 so if you haven't donated and want to help the children's hospital feel free to donate!
    edited September 2011
    For every-one who has no idea what extra-life.org is or who owns the site, it is a Children's Miracle Network owned and sponsored site and program. I whoised the site using the Firefox Flagfox add-on (right-click the little flag in the address bar) to find that out. It is registered through GoDaddy, a reputable registrar that can and will pull registrations of disreputable sites it has registered-- and it has this site's registration current and active. First impression, thumbs up.

EDIT: Dropped off a gift.
    edited September 2011
    They do great work there! I really respect the organization and for those wondering all proceeds are going to Johns Hopkins Childrens Hospital in Baltimore (where I'm from). Thanks again to everyone who has donated!
    edited September 2011
    Johns Hopkins Children's Hospital takes children from limited income families also (anyone who arrives with a child needing treatment-- no matter where from), and will either extremely discount treatment or in some cases they will give treatment away(family income based decision)-- even Cancer treatment and surgery. They figure that at minimum their doctors get more knowledge. It is also a training/teaching/procedure pioneering hospital, mostly for those with MDs wanting to get into specialties and/or get more experienced and knowledgeable in order to open a private practice. To do all this, they need lots of donations.
    edited September 2011
    Wow I didn't know that, that's awesome! I'm really glad to be representing them now :).
    edited September 2011
    Slayer5227 wrote:
    Wow I didn't know that, that's awesome! I'm really glad to be representing them now :).

Cool. Or awesome if you prefer. :D
    edited September 2011
    You're like Icrontic's Encyclopedia Britannica xDDD
    edited September 2011
    UM. I'm weird that way. :D
    edited September 2011
    Just want to bump this to get it out to anyone who wanted to donate but did not see it, still need some more to reach the goal, it all goes to John Hopkins, so donate any bit you can if you can spare it :D