North American International Auto Show 2012

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited October 2011 in Community
I'd like to cover the 2012 NAIAS here in Detroit, Michigan in January, but I'm not the person to do it. We can get media passes, though, so:

If anyone is willing to travel to Detroit in January and wants to go to the 2012 NAIAS for free (well, lodging at ICHQ, transport to NAIAS and back, and the show itself will be covered :p ), hit me up!

Comments

• RootWyrmRootWyrm Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    I'd like to cover the 2012 NAIAS here in Detroit, Michigan in January, but I'm not the person to do it. We can get media passes, though, so:

If anyone is willing to travel to Detroit in January and wants to go to the 2012 NAIAS for free (well, lodging at ICHQ, transport to NAIAS and back, and the show itself will be covered :p ), hit me up!

*perk* ... I heard NAIAS?

I think we should have two people on this. Those unfamiliar with NAIAS, it's the big one. Someone who's familiar with foreign (specifically Japan and Europe) and someone who can talk about the Detroit perspective specifically and not just the cars.

The majority of press is too busy dry-humping the latest supercar to spend more than 500 words on talking about new models, engineering announcements, and almost zero on perspective of folks local to the Big 2 (or any other manufacturer, for that matter.)
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    Very cool for the lucky few that are selected to cover it, very sweet offer...
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    I recommend Ryder/Thrax/Novak/BuddyJ/any car nut I forgot and myself.

What are the dates? January is usually easy to get some days off from work
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    I see this as a wonderful opportunity for two old friends to get together to spend some quality time since they live so far apart :D ahemgargbuddyj
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    On a side note: I will probably only be able to get 2, maybe 3 media badges; although tickets to the show itself are not very expensive ($12/day I think). The media passes will get you into everything, though.
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    I can't do it. I'll be gone to CES for a week, then to a wedding. My January is booked solid. This makes me a very sad panda because it's a wonderful opportunity.
  • pseudonympseudonym Michigan Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    I'm probably out of town in Arizona tuning at this point, plus I *might* be biased towards the Detroit makers.... and the one I work for :)
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    I'd love to do it, but won't know my schedule until they give me my teaching assignment for next quarter. I should only teach M/W or T/R. That means I should be able to come up for one of the media days, so long as I drive back to CBus that night. My game plan would be getting there early (site says it opens at 9), getting some writing done for a couple hours in the afternoon with the rest of the Icrontic Automotive Excellence Press Teamâ„¢, and leaving any evening autopron parties to said team.

Unfortunately, I probably won't get my teaching assignment until December.