Our BF3 Server Settings

boasistboasist Troy
edited December 2011 in Gaming
Here I'll make a list of how our server is setup, so we all can be on the same page and ready for what's next.

Map & Game Type Rotation:
Conquest - Caspian Border
Rush - Teheran Highway
Conquest - Grand Bazaar
Rush - Seine Crossing
Conquest - Operation Firestorm
Team Deathmatch - Damavand Peak
Rush - Noshahar Canals
Conquest - Kharg Island
Rush - Operation Metro
Conquest - Caspian Border

Server Settings:
HUD - On
Minimap - On
Regenerative Health - On
Minimap Spotting - On
Friendly Fire - Off
Kick Idle Player - 300 Seconds
Only Squad Lead Spawn - Off
Team Balance - On
Third Person Vehicle Cam - On
Teamkills before kicked - 5
Player Health - 100%
3D Spotting - On
Bullet Damage - 100%
Vehicles - On :rockon:
Show Enemy Tags - On
Respawn Time - 100%
Killcam - Off

Security Settings:
Punkbuster - On
Password - Off
Ranked - On

Gaming Schedule:
TBD

Current Server Version:
R12

Comments

• boasistboasist Troy
    edited October 2011
    I was thinking of turning off the killcam so you could use that time to configure your loadout better.

Thoughts?
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    Kill cam so annoying waste time aaarrrgghhh
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    Turn off kill cam. Hate.
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    Off is fine. With scope glare you can easily find snipers.
  • boasistboasist Troy
    edited October 2011
    The community has SPOKEN.

Killcam off and noted above.

map rotation updated as well to have air and land items on empty server.
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    Nice, thanks baosist!
  • boasistboasist Troy
    edited October 2011
    Well, the killcam is off, but you don't get more time on the loadout menu. You just sit there and watch your dead body instead. Hopefully we'll see a patch for that. A large majority of the community for BF3 seems to dislike the killcam as well.
  • edited November 2011
    Hi

What application do u use to run the server, can i run the server mod on a server hosted at another place and an application on my pc to kick ppl so i can make space on server for own members
  • boasistboasist Troy
    edited November 2011
    You only need a PC able to run one of the tools below to manage a BF3 server. We're evaluating all options as they come out of the development phase now. Some of the popular ones are;

Procon
    BF3 Command Center

Procon has more power, and you can leave a procon session open on one machine elsewhere and you'll then be granted all othe procon plugin benefits. I.E. in game admin, server messages, etc.

So yes, if you leave procon running, and have the in game admin setup and an admin defined in procon. You could kick a player while in game.

I.E.
    I'm logged into procon, and playing in BF3 under the account tied to my procon admin.
    Player asshat is TK'ing and being a general bore to the game.

@kick asshat

And it's that simple.
  • boasistboasist Troy
    edited December 2011
    Server is up to date. This will match the client update that is released today as well. Here is a battlelog link with a very healthy list of tweaks and fixes.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/news/view/2832654775976450221/
  • boasistboasist Troy
    edited December 2011
    Server updated for Karkland. No maps in rotation yet however.
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    edited December 2011
    Doesn't matter, update borked their auth servers and a whole bunch of other stuff; hell, it says I never bought Karkand and keeps taking me to the purchase page.

Fun stuff.
    edited December 2011
    Now says I have the game, but won't finish the final 500k of the update so I can play...because the AUTH servers won't function. FUN.
  • boasistboasist Troy
    edited December 2011
    Yes, the servers have already been updated 4 times since Karkland, so it's good to see the hustle, but it'd be great to just get in and game.

Totally agree with that.
  • Added the Metaban plugin - tested and pings were good after install. It's live.

Also added a plugin to adapt the server to the number of players for better population. It will also message you when players are joining, ask you to stay around and get the server going, etc. It should work well. 90% of the time when I quick match I'm greeted by this plugin, so it must do something right.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    So that's why it was at 8 player ... gotcha
  • Close Quarters is loaded and ready to go.

Procon will be updated shortly, and then we'll finally have proper reserved slots.

So then we'll be able to give priority to VIP (server specified players, premium players, and normal.
    GAH! Won't be able to get CQ until I get back to Tallahassee in about 3 weeks, but once I do, its on mofos
  • Awesome, I set up the server now with some CQ maps for today so I can check them out.