Help me pick a new mouse

_k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
edited November 2011 in Hardware
After I got back from Detroit I cannot get my MS Sidewinder x8 to turn back on. The on/off switch on the bottom wore out the contact when it slides on and I had it right on the edge it was working for about a year that way but it is off forever now.

I am down to using one of the free Dell mice that comes with their computers. I am a claw grip guy and looking for something at least 4k dpi or better. I love the fast dpi switch on that mouse when I jump into other games and the acceleration is different so I can simply change dpi to counter issues.

I keep falling back to I will end up with a G9x, but not sure.

Comments

• CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    I <3 my G9x. Best mouse I've ever used for both gaming and application functionality.

Only nit-pick: The microgear toggle is on the bottom of the mouse, so I never use it, and often forget about it completely, though I likely wouldn't use it often anyway.
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    I really like the g500 - there's probably some things i'd change but i'd recommend it.
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Razer Mamba. That is all.
  • pseudonympseudonym Michigan Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    +1 For Razer
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Razer Naga. Having 12 keys to bind is pro

razer-naga-molten-special-edition-main.jpg
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    +1 for Razer Naga.
  • boasistboasist Troy
    edited November 2011
    I had the mamba, but it eventually died after a few years. I've since been giften an imperator which I really like. For me, it's a little better than the mamba because I like the shape more. However, my PC gaming has been stinted lately, so I can't speek for the increase in headshots.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Hitting buttons 7-12 on the Naga look like they'd be a pain in the ass. I do, however, still use my OCZ Behemoth at home, so take that for what it's worth. :p
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Snarkasm wrote:
    Hitting buttons 7-12 on the Naga look like they'd be a pain in the ass. I do, however, still use my OCZ Behemoth at home, so take that for what it's worth. :p

Loved my Behemoth by the way, shame they got away from that. That I suppose would be a RH only palm grip mouse.

I'm not a claw girpper, but I suppose if I were and I needed one with a really high dpi I would put this on my short list. The TT Black Element looks promising, but I've never used it personally, and I'd say there is absolutely no reason to avoid Razer unless you find the price a little offensive.

For me, I've always preferred RH palm grip style mice, so take my advice with a grain of salt.