Nobuo Uematsu and his band Earthbound Papas to appear live at MAGFest 2012

AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and HubrisAlexandria, VA Icrontian
edited December 2011 in Community
I'm not sure if many of you have heard of MAGFest, a little games and music festival that happens in the DC area every year (hell, I only heard about it this past year.) Either way, just wanted everyone to know that they're welcome to come and crash at our place for the event. It's January 5-8th, 2012 and is seriously 3 miles from out house. You could walk!

We don't know if we're going yet, but thought we'd throw out the invite in case anyone wanted to go.

Comments

• edited November 2011
    Hello! My name's Nick and I'm on staff with MAGFest. I saw you guys had linked to us, so I thought I'd drop in and say hi. Let me know if you have any questions about the event and I'll be glad to answer them.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Hi Nick! Thanks for stopping by!
  • edited November 2011
    Hi Nick! Thanks for stopping by!

My pleasure! I'm at your service. We'll have a major announcement tomorrow at noon, so keep an eye out for that on our website, or I can post it here to save you the trouble.
  • edited November 2011
    My pleasure! I'm at your service. We'll have a major announcement tomorrow at noon, so keep an eye out for that on our website, or I can post it here to save you the trouble.

Big news! Final Fantasy series composer Nobuo Uematsu and his band EARTHBOUND PAPAS (featuring several former Black Mages members) have been announced as headlining guests at the event. More details on the website: http://magfest.org
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Big news! Final Fantasy series composer Nobuo Uematsu and his band EARTHBOUND PAPAS (featuring several former Black Mages members) have been announced as headlining guests at the event. More details on the website: http://magfest.org

That's awesome! I definitely think Pragtastic and I will be hitting up MAGFest this year. It just seems so rad. Are we allowed to/encouraged to bring our own games and recruit players there?
    edited November 2011
  • edited November 2011
    Annes wrote:
    That's awesome! I definitely think Pragtastic and I will be hitting up MAGFest this year. It just seems so rad. Are we allowed to/encouraged to bring our own games and recruit players there?

Oh yeah, absolutely. We have a ton of our own games to play, but you are beyond encouraged to bring anything you have that you'd like to show off and do any kind of recruitment what you want. We're a community event, so you can even come have a meetup/party/whatever you want.
  • drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Props for Descendants of Erdrick! You stole my heart when you covered Maniac Mansion at Halloween last year. I wish I could've made the gig this year.
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    drasnor wrote:
    Props for Descendants of Erdrick! You stole my heart when you covered Maniac Mansion at Halloween last year. I wish I could've made the gig this year.

Sounds like high time for a visit to DC the first weekend of the new year! :D
  • edited November 2011
    My brother is the bassist of Descendants of Erdrick, and I am super excited to hear that Nobuo himself would be there playing as well! I won't expect that he'll be watching my brother's band play, BUT, if he does... oh man... what pressure! :P

I really hope the show goes well for everybody though!
  • edited December 2011
    Just one final reminder, and I'll be out of your guys' hair forever. This event is coming up January 5-8, 2012, and pre-registration ends december 16 at 11:59pm USA eastern time. Full-weekend and One-day tickets will be available at the door, but will be more expensive than if you pre-registered.
    edited December 2011
    Awww we don't need you to be out of our hair forever. Stick around, we're pretty cool :)
  • edited December 2011
    Well.... IF YOU INSIST.