LEGO Universe is coming to an end

mertesnmertesn I am Bobby MillerYukon, OK Icrontian
edited November 2011 in Gaming

Comments

• CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    I had no idea such a thing even existed. I would have played this too :(
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Saw that coming from a mile away.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    This was still on my list of games to try. :/
  • I was hoping to try this game out at some point. Oh well.....at least The Matrix Online still works......wait a minute...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
  • edited November 2011
    too much too soon
  • BHHammyBHHammy Somewhere in Hell Icrontian
    edited December 2011
    Didn't have a chance, unfortunately. Price of admission PLUS a monthly fee for a game that's sort-of-ok-kinda-I-guess.

At least it lasted 2 years. I honestly didn't expect it to last this long.

My heart goes out to the guys who are losing their jobs over this, though. That really sucks.

EDIT: WOW, this topic hasn't been posted in, in over a month, and yet it was at the top of the topics thing? That's kind of confusing. Sorry about the mini-necro.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    Might've been spam that got deleted just as you commented.
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    It was out for 2 years... that's funny I remember hearing about it and then looking forward to checking it out. I didn't think it had even launched yet. Yeah way to go advertising dept.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    It was out for 2 years... that's funny I remember hearing about it and then looking forward to checking it out. I didn't think it had even launched yet. Yeah way to go advertising dept.
    The problem was that they didn't know their audience. This has actually been a problem for LEGO for a while, and they are only just now starting to fix it.

Kids might like LEGOs, but the people willing to spend thousands of dollars on plastic bricks are the adults who have fond memories of LEGO from childhood. The ads for LEGO Universe were in children's magazines and children's cartoon shows. If they had shelled out a few bucks for a prime-time television ad, they could have gotten a huge adult user-base. There aren't many children out there who can pay monthly for a video game, but I know a lot of 18-30 yr old single males who would have jumped at the chance to throw money at LEGO for this game, if only they'd known about it.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    I agree 100% with CB. I played it for a month, and it was deep and engaging, but the servers were empty because kids got bored (or couldn't get mom and dad to pay for it), and actual adult gamers didn't know it existed.
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    Hell they even had a free-to-play version around. Again I heard about the game, saw a bit on it a while ago then completely forgot about it and never saw anything on the usual sites that talk about this kind of stuff. Either I missed the 1 day they mentioned it or it was just utterly neglectful of the marketing team to push it. Oh well.
  • An interesting discussion is worth comment. I think that you should write more on this topic, it might not be a taboo subject but generally people are not enough to speak on such topics. To the next. Cheers