Skyrim: 3.4 million units sold

NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
edited November 2011 in Gaming

Comments

• edited November 2011
    Sales doesn't mean everything, and I'm talking to you, Call of Duty.
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    It's still impressive that in the day of FPS games that an RPG can match the Sales of Battlefield and rapidly approach MW3.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    There were 275,000 concurrent players on Steam playing Skyrim at one point. I imagine the actual number of owners is north of a half million, bringing the PC total in line with consoles.

Also, LOL PS3.
  • QuadWhoreQuadWhore Toledo, Ohio, U.S. Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    I can only imagine the number of stolen copies. God, this game is good.
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Thrax wrote:
    There were 275,000 concurrent players on Steam playing Skyrim at one point. I imagine the actual number of owners is north of a half million, bringing the PC total in line with consoles.

Also, LOL PS3.

The only thing that prevented me from making this point was that, being a steamworks game, it would be hard to get a clean look at the numbers. A store bought copy would look the same as a digital one at that point, no?
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Two words Jesus Christ.

I mean I knew that Skyrim would sell like crazy I mean Elder Scrolls is one of the most popular (possibly THE most popular) RPG series of all time but I wasn't expecting anywhere near 3 and a half million I was expecting a million, maybe a million and a half but this is insane.

Perhaps the sales will convince Bethesda to make some feature length DLCs.
  • edited November 2011
    That's a lot of units. It is a well done game and it's one of the best examples of an RPG ever made. It's taken some of the best aspects from all the best rpg's ever made and combined them into one game. Its more evolutionary than revolutionary but done well. I'm 34 years old, been playing RPG's since Adventure on the Atari (arguably the first RPG video game) and I bought Skyrim.
  • edited November 2011
    Even people that purchase the game via Steam, don't necessarily play via Steam as each time you load the game via Steam it re-writes the ini file, putting a lot of settings back to default.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Haven't heard of that, and doesn't do it to me. Any source links?
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    I've no links, but I've read about this in /r/skyrim, FWIW.