All will be unveiled: an Assassin's Creed Revelations review

Comments

• NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Did you find the tower defense of the dens to be annoying or flow-breaking as you progressed through the main storyline? It might just be the way I'm thinking about it, but it seems like that would take the game in an incredibly different (and somewhat annoying) direction.
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    I never got Brotherhood because I thought it was like a multiplayer pack for AC2? Is it a full length game?
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Koreish wrote:
    I never got Brotherhood because I thought it was like a multiplayer pack for AC2? Is it a full length game?

Yeah it was full length, pretty good too although I never got around to finishing it. Think I had about six hours on it before I traded it in.
    edited November 2011
    Koreish wrote:

It's most definitely a full-length game. It follows the same Altair/Ezio storyline, which will be wrapped up in this Revelations release. They will open a new chapter in the series with the following release after Revelations.

I'd strongly recommend playing Brotherhood if you're interested in Revelations. The story is great, the game doesn't get tiring, and the amount of stuff to do ingame is ...a lot.

Brotherhood is one of 2 games I've taken the time to 100% complete.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Maybe it's time for me to start playing Assassin's Creed
  • PacifistoPacifisto Turnip Extraordinaire Michigan Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Man, I hate being a poor college kid. Maybe it and Skyrim will come on sale for Christmas...?
  • ButtersButters CA Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    On Steam I've logged:
    Assassin's Creed - 28 hours
    Assassin's Creed II - 76 hours
    Assassin's Creed Brotherhood - 46 hours - but about 57% complete
    Lucy is hot.
    I use the double hidden blade and smoke grenades.
    edited November 2011
    NiGHTS wrote:
    It's most definitely a full-length game. It follows the same Altair/Ezio storyline, which will be wrapped up in this Revelations release. They will open a new chapter in the series with the following release after Revelations.

I'd strongly recommend playing Brotherhood if you're interested in Revelations. The story is great, the game doesn't get tiring, and the amount of stuff to do ingame is ...a lot.

Brotherhood is one of 2 games I've taken the time to 100% complete.

Hmm, I can't for the life of me, figure out why I skipped over Brotherhood then. I just remember it getting a lot of press over multiplayer and not much else, so I was never interested. Maybe I'll get Brotherhood and Revelations for Christmas, once I've had fun with SR:TT and Skyrim.
    edited November 2011
    For what it's worth, Brotherhood's multiplayer was incredibly fun.
    edited November 2011
    With the exception of TF2 with you all i've never been a big multiplayer guy...
    edited November 2011
    It's basically assassins vs. sheep - you have to stay alive if you're the sheep by using a variety of tactics like blending in, disguising as someone else, etc. It's seriously a crazy rush playing as either or... you're rushing as quick as you can to quickly identify the targets or you're desperately trying to stay alive as the sheep.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Brotherhood, while it came out only around a year after AC2, was initially widely panned because people couldn't fathom how Ubi could put out a quality sequel so quickly. It was assumed to be very derivative. It turned out to be a fantastic story with a lot of great new elements, and surprised a lot of people. Definitely play it before jumping into AC:Rev. The multiplayer was a bonus, not the central focus of the game, but it got a lot of attention because Ubi wanted to give it more than a single-player vibe.

The Den Defense does have a different pace to it, but it's not incredibly hard to avoid it if you keep on top of your notoriety. If you end up at full notoriety (after most story missions), just lay low until you can find enough heralds or witnesses to prevent your dens from being attacked.

I believe you're required to perform one of them towards the beginning, so you can get a taste for what it's like and determine your path forward after that.
  • edited November 2011
    As a huge fan of the series I can attest to how great Brotherhood was. It was just a "pump and dump" sequel and really helped grow the now very in depth backstory the series has.
  • ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    When Ubisoft was promoting AC2: Brotherhood at E3, it seemed like they were promoting the game as a multiplayer. But when it came out EVERYONE was surprised that it was a full ledge game and how good it is. I cannot wait to pick up a copy of Revelations.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Yeah even peripherally interested in AC as I am, I got the impression that Brotherhood was just a "side story", not part of the main storyline. I guess it was confusing marketing on Ubisoft's part.
    edited November 2011
    That's odd, I'd never gotten that feeling (although to be honest I didn't pay attention to the marketing for it). It's really strange to hear that's how everyone took it.