@RyderOCZ: SSD setup

RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
edited November 2011 in Hardware
Ryder,
Can you offer some advice for a first time SSD setup?

I have a 120 GB Vertex 3.

Thanks!

Comments

• RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Oh man, dont use that old thing.

Not much to it really, install SSD, Install Win 7, disable defrag on SSD, witness insane speed.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Ryder wrote:

Not much to it really, install SSD, Install Win 7, disable defrag on SSD, witness insane speed.

what about

Intel® Rapid Storage Technology?
    edited November 2011
    What about it?.. you can't use it if you have an AMD system (CF didn't mention what he was installing on) and it is just a driver, so I expect you install it when you install the drivers for your system. I don't call that a special tweak, I call it something you would do anyway. If he is using an Intel motherboard, then they would be on the CD that came with the motherboard.

I guess I could add one thing. Make sure the SATA controller is set to AHCI mode in the bios before you start your install.

EDIT: Have no (0, nada, zippo) other drives (besides DVD) connected when installing, Win 7 does crazy crap with boot files.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Ryder wrote:

Didn't realize it, but a year out of date is probably not worth looking at in the SSD world. Should probably send an email to that maintainer :P
    edited November 2011
    Plus, that is a Vertex.. not a Vertex3 :p