Battlefield 3 and Skyrim: Raising the bar for immersion in games

UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA:Redwood City, CA Icrontian
edited November 2011 in Gaming

Comments

• pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    The knife kills on the two snipers was one of the best BF3 moments I have experienced...thus far.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    One of mine too, dude. One of mine too :D
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Sneaking through Alftand last night in Skyrim around all the Falmer goblins led to some honestly heart-pounding moments - a failed sneak attack and the subsequent flurry of stabs and fire to silence him quickly, or sneaking 2 feet beside a sentry and biding my time until he turned.

I really felt it a couple times.
  • edited November 2011
    Ah.. Battlefield 3....a game that made me want to stop, get to a corner and watch a war scene unfold in front of me. Watching noob pilots crash their machines on me, admiring excellent pilots who buzz us at tree top level and cursing the tank guy for shooting my jet in mid flight. A shooter that made working together cool and important. Sure, I'm a terrible shooter but a least I'm helping my better team mates alive by giving ammo/health or just suppressing the enemy into a corner. I sucked but it's good to know that my smallest non-combat actions can help win the battle.

Crysis 2 too fosters team work but with enemies usually spawning immediately just behind you after you killed them (in small, constricted maps, no less)...no thanks. Bulletstorm was just a "pop the balloon" fest while Counterstrike is the playground for ultra accurate head hunters.

BF3 is the mp game for me.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    STOP... I cannot listen to all this when I have neither of these games. They sound SO good. :-D