So, who uses RainMeter?

BHHammyBHHammy Somewhere in Hell Icrontian
edited November 2011 in Science & Tech
Was pointed towards this little thing here early this morning, called RainMeter. Not sure how long it's been around, or if everyone here's been using it already and I'm late to the party, but here~
http://rainmeter.net/cms/

It's essentially some sort of Desktop overlay customization program. I've been toying with it today, and it's actually pretty damn easy to pick up and use.

I was wondering who all here has been using it themselves, and if you are, what kind of skins/addons you would recommend.

Comments

• TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Tried it once. Don't remember much about it other than I couldn't find a good reason to have it.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    I used to use it a lot when I was huge into desktop skinning. That was a looong time ago, though, back when I used to do stuff like this:

enigma_by_kaelri-d1ptasn.png

And then I realized I never look at my desktop, I always have too many windows open. Seriously, though, that desktop has always been gorgeous.
  • TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Now that I have 3 monitors I could probably come up with a way to use this...

But do I really want to go through the hassle of getting it working and set the way I want it? Grr.
  • BasilBasil Nubcaek England Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Used it briefly before I realised that I didn't care about any of the information it displayed, I could control foobar2k with my keyboard and that I never look at the desktop anyway.