Intel LIQUID CPU Cooler

2»

Comments

• csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited December 2011
    Ryder, when I look at that block the song "It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas" plays in my head. Appropriate fiind.

Carry on.
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited December 2011
    You could make the cooler out of acrylic and put some highlighter in the water.... Add a UV light and it'd look pretty spectacular.

Not to mention that it would fog the room up.
  • edited December 2011
    Back to the "Intel water cooler", it's basically the same as the "AMD water cooler" and the Corsair H70 system, as all 3 are sourced from Asetek. Corsair went to CoolIt! for the H60, H80 and H100 because of both Intel and AMD sourcing from Asetek I believe, plus getting a more efficient product too. When I tested it, the H70 was about as efficient as high end tier 1 air, such as the NH-D14. But that was at the cost of higher noise levels too, as you needed to run it at full fan speeds to get the performance equal to the D14. With the H80 (only new Corsair model I've tested), Corsair upped the efficiency of the whole system. The new pump/rad combo is clearly more efficient than the older H70 in my testing by about 5 C, when testing the 2 against each other on the same platform and swapping the fans from each kit. So I expect that the Intel and AMD offerings to be less efficient than what is already available on the market for the same or lesser pricing.

As for watercooling as a whole, I find it to be much more efficient than high end air and besides my heatsink test system, is about all I use for my various home machines. It's just as reliable as air IMO and if you use quality components and take your time and do it right, leaks just don't happen.

BTW, here's a link to my review of the H80, if you are curious as to how it stacks up compared to the H70 or other high end air offerings I have tested.