Hello, I need help =( my computer got a blue screen saying

STOP: C0000218 {Registry File Failure}
The registry cannot load the hive (file):
\systemroot\system32\config\software
or its log or alternate.
It is corrupt, absent, or not writable.

Beginning dump of physical memory
Physical memory dump complete.
Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance.

some how now im able to log in but when everything logs the computer frozens :(

Please help me, i been trying to read about the error but i dont have a repair cd, i have windows vista... what can i do to make it run again? Thank you.

Comments

• JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
    edited December 2011
    Looks like something is wrong with your windows files. Do you have a disc with Windows on it?
  • edited December 2011
    no,thats my problem, i dont have a cd
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited December 2011
    rozzie wrote:
    no,thats my problem, i dont have a cd

Some systems come with a recovery set of data on the Hard Drive. Is yours one of those???? If you got the system built by one of the big computer mfrs, thier tech support might talk you through fixing the problem using hidden data on the hard drive.
  • edited December 2011
    how can i know if i have a system built in? right now im able to log in, it takes like 3-4 minutes before it frozen, i try to do a system restore but it says i havent created one =( im completly lost
  • JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
    edited December 2011
    Who manufactured your computer? Based on the manufacturer, there might be a button you need to press during boot to access some sort of repair/restore function.
  • edited December 2011
    acer?
    edited December 2011
    rozzie wrote:
    acer?

http://support.acer.com/acerpanam/desktop/0000/acer/aspiree360/aspiree360faq40.shtml

At link above is where Acer tells how to get their built-in recovery to work for modern systems-- like systems that are less than ten or so years old. Try the set of steps there, but expect to lose everything except what the computer came with if you choose factory default.

John.
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you John, i will give it a try right now =)
    edited December 2011
    rozzie wrote:
    Thank you John, i will give it a try right now =)

Best of luck. That same program that recovers from HD can burn a set of recovery DVDs, according to Acer.

John.
  • edited December 2011
    i dont know why they dont include it with the computer... im just going to see if i can move some files to my external drive before making it back to factory settings... so many pictures =( is so sad
    edited December 2011
    rozzie wrote:
    i dont know why they dont include it with the computer... im just going to see if i can move some files to my external drive before making it back to factory settings... so many pictures =( is so sad

OK, good luck. That program is what the Alt-F10 calls, it is hidden on hard drive if hard drive was let alone and not reformatted and repartitioned. They hid it on HD so it would be used only when needed.

As to getting the pictures back, or saving them, can you burn them to DVD??? Or save a few at a time in Windows Explorer to your external drive???
  • edited December 2011
    i will try to see if i can burn them to dvd, i never even use the burn option on the laptop... but im trying to copy the files right now, i get a few minutes before it frezees, thats weird
  • edited December 2011
    while i was trying to copy my important files i saw an old doc and i ran chkdsk looks like is working now but is very slow =) thank u so much for all the help :)
    edited December 2011
    Ok, try this to fix some slowness:

Look on Google for:

CCleaner (newer utility, I have used it with Vista without any major problems)

Registry Mechanic (from PC Tools, a tool that has been around a long time - I started paying for it in the days of Windows 98 because it did not break stuff and sped things up)

Hint for Google: CCleaner download will get you better (most direct and less) results than download CCleaner. Download after software name gets better and faster results with what you want up top in results more often than download first then software name.

Download, install, and run both of them AND let Registry Mechanic compact the registry-- both the clean and compact options are on the performance tab. That will clean the registry of corruption that accumulates over time. I paid for Registry Mechanic, and the current version is compatible with XP, Vista and Windows 7.

That will do no harm and will speed up things at least some - frequently LOTS of speedup is gotten doing this. Restart omputer to see most of the speed improvement.

John.
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you, i will do it, but something weird happend, it did start again and i was able to go on the internet but it wouldnt turn off the computer so i had to press the on/off till shut down, it doesnt want to load again...yesterday i couldnt work on it because i went to my moms to help her with her computer, she got a virus playing games on facebook :( windows 7 message keeps coming up...will have to research for that one, i tried Malware and it doenst remove it, i thought it was the best one out there. Thanks again for all ur help =)
  • edited December 2011
    =D i fix my moms =D i ran twice the Malaware program and got rid of it =D now i will go back to fix mine
    edited December 2011
    rozzie wrote:
    =D i fix my moms =D i ran twice the Malaware program and got rid of it =D now i will go back to fix mine

Best of luck fixing yours, rozzie.