My ACER laptop keeps on rebooting after reformattion

edited December 2011 in Hardware
Hello,

Please do help me. My ACER Aspire 4750G always reboots, it doesn't reach showing the Windows Logo. My OS is windows 7. I reformat all the partitions and also the 1gb partition.

Please do help me. I'm still a newby and learning.

Comments

• Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited December 2011
    rakirme wrote:
    Hello,

Please do help me. My ACER Aspire 4750G always reboots, it doesn't reach showing the Windows Logo. My OS is windows 7. I reformat all the partitions and also the 1gb partition.

Please do help me. I'm still a newby and learning.

Did you make recovery disks??? Do you have Windows 7 Basic or Windows 7 Home Premium???

Sounds like drivers, but if Windows7 is not loading but is instead keeps rebooting more than 6-8 times in a row without getting into Windows you have a big problem possibly involving the wrong video driver. Or, could be wrong chipset driver - lots of different hardware went into that broad model code at different times and each is what Acer calls a model.

So, since you wiped your recovery stuff on hard drive when you formatted, I think you probably need to contact Acer and get recovery stuff again on DVD and/or CD unless..... MAYBE you can install Windows 7 with no special ACER drivers and see if it at least boots into Windows 7 when done.

The next thing to try is to get into safe mode - and that might let you get online if you load safe mode with networking, then get to Acer's site, then get to the Acer web page that has Aspire 4750G downloads. F8 pressed then released a lot, real fast repeat, will get you into the safe mode menu probably. Up arrow key, down arrow key to choose, then enter to get to choice.

Another thing, the first time after installing Windows 7 that you try to boot, give it 5-10 minutes to boot. It will be choosing and installing drivers and other things based on driver choices without telling you it is doing so. THEN it will boot. It may have to reboot 4-6 times as it does this choosing and configuring without saying anything - it is writing its choices to HD, then building a registry that tells it what to load when it later boots again. First boot, in simple words, can mean reboots of 4-6 times in duration during its first load after install. BE PATIENT.

Below is a link to the Acer drivers and downloads page for the Aspire 4750G - please note the hardware tool, the blue writing is a download link. The tool should be runnable in safe mode if you can't get a regular boot to work.

http://support.acer.com/product/default.aspx?modelId=3520