Shory, can we please have a Logo file for download???

Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own wayNaples, FL Icrontian
edited February 2004 in Community
There would be a couple classes of reasons for this:

One, folks on team might want a link to forums from their site for users who might want to be on Team S-M and active in forums if they only knew about us. Sites without teams might want a link from their forums to info about our team also.

Two, folks who want to work with an existing logo are masqed from grabbing it (good for copyright enforcement, bad for having links from sites to us show up as free advertising and showing by example how good the forums are to those who click through on the linked graphical logo and how aggressive our team is and what our real overall attitude is).

The second prevents individual site owners from rolling their own, which might be very good in many ways, but lack of first leaves some who might use it unable to do so.

IF I am blind, tell me where, but questions as in the short media logo thread that poppped up today might imply it needs to be more obvious to new folks who join in and want to show off their loyalty on their sites also. I have a brochure site,and a logo would be more likely to draw folks here than the simple hyperlink to S-M that I have on my links page. Over the next month or so I plan to build a second site, and will be hosting through Sarcnet. My active domain has been google indexed for over a year. I will have 6 domain regs pointing to two sites on Sarcnet within 60 days. I would like to have a logo on both sites that links to the forums here and advertises the Team, Forums her, and folding.

IS this something good, from the point of view of the admins, and does it exist??? IF not, can someone do something with it???

John D.

Comments

• SpinnerSpinner Birmingham, UK
    edited February 2004
    Well you obviously know of the 'GIF links' thread (or whatever I called it), so there is a resource in there of Short-Media graphics etc etc. There is also an official 'link to Short-Media' GIF on the main page.

If you would like, I will compile a 'Link to Short-Media GIF' package, containing all the currently created aimated gifs which have been produced by members and staff so far, and put it up in the downloads section where it is more readily accessible.

Will that be satisfactory mate?
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited February 2004
    The flash version on the frontpage is going shortly, so it's best to leave that one well alone :)

I attached a version of the forums logo (without the extended segment) in that other thread last night :)

If Spinner is going to make an "image pack" of sorts, then that's all good :)

Why is the flash going I hear you ask? all will be revealed in due time :cool:
    edited February 2004
    Shorty wrote:
    Why is the flash going I hear you ask? all will be revealed in due time :cool:

ooooh. The suspense. :crazy:
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited February 2004
    Spinner wrote:
    ooooh. The suspense. :crazy:
    Shurrup :p
    edited February 2004
    As promised, I have updated the downloads section with an updated 'Desktop Wallpaper' pack and a new 'Link Gifs' pack containing all the best web link graphics that have been created so far by Short-Media members.

http://www.short-media.com/download.php?list.42

Cheers