Modern Warfare 3?

BHHammyBHHammy Somewhere in Hell Icrontian
edited December 2011 in Gaming
I bought MW3 for the PC with my gift card this year, since I'm actually quite liking some of the changes and tweaks they've made this time.

Problem is, I don't really -know- anyone that plays the game. I know that Icrontic is apparently a Battlefield-3-heavy place, but I was wondering if there was anyone else who played.

Comments

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    I also don't know anyone who is playing it Hammy, but if you like it, enjoy
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    I enjoy playing through the single player parts of the (COD)MW series, but I'm not willing to pay $60 just for that. I usually wait until they are on steam sale for ~30 for picking them up.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited January 2012
    I don't play it much, but I have it on 360. I'm probably too far away to join you even if you're also on 360, though.
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    edited January 2012
    I decided to sell it, only because I got tired of it eventually. Funny thing though paid around $35 for it at an EB sale, traded it in at Bestbuy and they gave me $40. EPIC WIN.

Don't think my PC could handle it, not unless I rework the whole thing.
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    I decided to sell it, only because I got tired of it eventually. Funny thing though paid around $35 for it at an EB sale, traded it in at Bestbuy and they gave me $40. EPIC WIN.

Don't think my PC could handle it, not unless I rework the whole thing.
    Depending on what you're running, I personally think that's one of the strengths of the MW series: it seems to scale very well on older PCs simply due to the fact that it is by everyone's standards mostly a console port to the PC. I'm not trying to flamebait here, just making a casual observation.
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    Not at all, but as I pointed out (somewhere) I have a 9800GT, which could probably run it on medium but my processor is only 2.4GhZ which hurts PC performnce a lot (Damned Dual Core)
  • BHHammyBHHammy Somewhere in Hell Icrontian
    edited January 2012
    I will say that the game seems VERY well-optimized as far as frames-per-second go.

I can run it on my bleh quad with some of the nice stuff on and full res (1600x900). Most FPS games I have to run 1080-something with a lot of the nice stuff turned off, at -best-. And for the record, I've got a graphics card that was a -budget card- two years ago.

I think your dual-core should do fine.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited January 2012
    Please tip your room service.

* Thrax silly-walks out of the thread