[BLOG] Preparing for Nehalem

BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of PropagandaOKC Icrontian
edited November -1 in Community
Nehalem is coming. Word is the motherboards are on pre-sale in the UK with a launch date of the 31st. The largest tech sites have already got their Asus P6T boards in-house. Sounds to me like the processors are coming soon.

This processor will be a milestone. Four hyperthreaded cores of power. No traditional FSB. It'll cement DDR3's validity/necessity. It'll be huge. I want to be ready and I'd like to see Icrontic be all over this big event as it unfolds like flies on the Big Beef Burrito we've always been Home of.

So what do we do? I don't know. I've got some ideas. Still, I'm not sure if implementing them will be worth it. How many people here care about Nehalem? Who else wants to explore this brave new world Icrontic style? Because we can sit back and let everyone else have all the fun, admit that we're old and out of touch, and play around in The Pub... or, we can take this new thing head on and see where it leads.

In 2001, the Abit KT7A Raid board came out and our FAQ was known across the net. We've got a chance to do something that great again if people will get behind it.

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    I feel so behind the curve on technology. I would LOVE to jump headfirst into a totally new platform. I realized that as the years go on, I find myself not getting the "upgrade bug" as often. If Nehalem is as exciting as I think it's gonna be, I'm starting to want to get back into being an enthusiast. I haven't been for a long, long time. Sure, money has a lot to do with it, but still... Building a hot ass, superfast computer is a true joy and sense of accomplishment.
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    Yep, that's how I feel too. Nehalem seems like a RESTART button for my enthusiasm.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    You know that I'm going to be all over this one like an entire swarm of flies on ten thousand burritos. I live for big hardware releases. It's going to be a bonanza, I promise you.
  • lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    Yep, I'll be all over Nehalem as well. It is essentially all the feature strengths of the K8/K10 combined with the uber efficient Core2 architecture. This will be a total win. The scariest part about this for AMD is that they'll have virtually no feature/core advantages post-Nehalem. An integrated memory controller and high-speed bus are no longer AMD only features.