[BLOG] I'm going blind.

_k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
edited November -1 in Community
I think most of us know the IC byte complaining about how a bright monitor is making someone go blind while someone else says they will never go blind from that, is that reference to masturbation...I thought thats why Prime had Keebs.

But anywho, just bought a new monitor, Acer x223wb, and just got done setting it up. Its replacing an older NEC 70Gx^2 opticlear, which was nice but 1280x1024 and some horrible response but over all an extremely nice monitor. This was done on the cheap so 179.99 for this guy plus tax.

I did some quick newegg checking and warranty stuff before I did this. I use newegg for stupid approach for things because you usually see the average to below average experienced people populate that. The only uniform comments were the base was to small, the NEC as a nice spinning base and doesn't shake at all. After putting the base on the Acer I understand because its cheap plastic with little reinforcement done in the structure. The other thing was bleeding at the bottom which doesn't bother me one bit.

I finished watching Fight Club with it, not the best do the gritty nature of the style. The clarity and definition/contrast was average-good dependening on the scene; movement or close slow shot. Seems like a pretty decent buy, I don't really care about the quality of the picture an extreme amount but I do know what good contrast looks like and a well tuned 120 hertz TV can do so I feel good about this....see you in TF2.

Comments

• _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    So just got done with an hour of TF2 on max video settings, its fo' sho better a lot clearer.

-edit- I just changed my background to something that has a lot of white in it and there is a fair amount of bleeding witch is rather annoying in max mode with windows. There is no physical power switch either just the power button, this is a fairly big con I feel because if you use a power button a lot you know a lot of them will start to not work after a few years.
    -cons to date
    --bleeding on the edges
    --no power SWITCH.