[BLOG] Max Payne

Gate28Gate28 Orlando, Florida Icrontian
edited November -1 in Community
Well, the Max Payne movie comes out in a few days. I hope it can do the game justice.

The story of Max Payne is very hard to describe, as there is a lot of action and not much story, but the story that is there is deep. I think that in order to not make a movie that's an hour and a half of epic gun battles and 10 minutes story elements, they're going to have to add in some filler. This (at least to me) is cool and all, as long as they do screw around with the story. The story of Max Payne itself feels like a 1960's detective noir movie just by the way the characters talk and the dark and damp environment.

Watching the trailer, I can see that the dark setting is still in place, and the actor they got to play Mona Sax is a spitting image of the in-game Mona. My only complaint is Mark Wahlberg. I really can't see him as a good Max, I always thought of Max as a bit older (Wahlberg is 36, while Timothy Gibbs, the facial model for Max in Fall of Max Payne is 41). I know some people are going to be miffed of Max dosen't smirk like he's reading dirty jokes, but others (especially those who haven't played a Max Payne game) would be extremely confused.

All and all, I'm looking forward to Max Payne. It should be an interesting movie, definitely worth seeing. Even if it's not true to the game's storyline, I bet it will still have some great action sequences.

Comments