[BLOG] My WoW experience - Day 9

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited November -1 in Community
I've reached level 20. For 10 day trial users, this is basically the end of the game - because while you can still travel, fight, and complete quests, you are no longer rewarded with experience - which means no leveling up. There are lots of spells and items that trial members don't have access to because of the level cap.

It's amazing how much of the game this gets rid of. Now it is essentially boring. While I could walk around and explore the beautiful world, there's not much to DO in said world anymore. I guess the experience and quest for loot is a big part of the motivation. I'm still gonna tough out one more night of WoW simply for blogging purposes, but at this point, I would be perfectly content to uninstall the whole 6gb mess of it.

I let my kids do a 10 day trial - they enjoyed watching me so much that they practically begged for trial accounts, with the full understanding that daddy will NOT be buying full versions for them at the end. I don't see this as being a problem - while they are enjoying their new time in WoW much as I did a short 9 days ago, I can quickly see them tiring of the game when they get to the point I'm at. There is only so much "collect 8 raptor's heads and 12 scaled eggs" one can do. At higher levels, the numbers simply grow. I had to collect SIXTY quillboar tusks last night. That's bordering on absurdity.

It was neat to visit my kids in game though. They started off as Undead - one a Warlock and one a Mage. They wanted a visit from Kaitolainen, so I took the 30 minute trip to the starting area for Undead characters. A 20th level Tauren Druid is HIGHLY out of place in Deathknell, just saying.

Kaitolainen must have appeared godlike to all the new players in Deathknell - here is this towering huge alien from a land on the other side of the world, who can call lightning and moonfire down, and can destroy any monster in sight merely by raising a finger.

I helped my kids out by keeping them from getting mobbed by rogues while they went about their questing, and then waved goodbye as I teleported off to other lands.

Just 7 days ago, when I saw powerful characters run by me and do something unthinkable, I was amazed. Now I think I'm starting to grasp what that feels like from the other side ;) I can only imagine what it would be like to be a level 70.

Comments

• TimTim Southwest PA Icrontian
    WoW trial accounts are pretty restricted now because all the gold spammers would come in and pimp their gold for sale endlessly in the trade chat channel. You don't see too much of that anymore as a result.

Just think, with a paid membership, you can do a lot more things.................
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    The trial accounts can't even get INTO the trade channels anymore, and they are limited to 10 gold. So I would say that instead of "not seeing much of that anymore" you don't see ANY of it, because it's impossible.