[BLOG] CES is coming

BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of PropagandaOKC Icrontian
edited November -1 in Community
Icrontic is going to CES this year, as most of you know. We're hoping to meet new companies to partner with in hopes of securing more sweet review hardware, chat with our peers, and above all, report on the hottest new tech headed your way.

It's a daunting task. The convention is held in multiple buildings scattered around the Las Vegas Strip, plus companies tend to keep their best items tucked away in hotel suites for invite-only showings. You've gotta know people to see the cool stuff at CES, and the only way to really get to know them is to attend and meet face-to-face. We're trying to set up those meetings now. It's a scheduling minefield.

What makes matters worse is some of the companies we've been talking to about meeting are now dodging us. One big industry rep is already reverting to feeding us the same lines we'd been seeing for years -- the canned responses and "talk to me later" messages that we recently thought we'd finally gotten past. It's frustrating on my end, and casts the other party in a poor light.

Still, we aren't giving up. Persistence pays off, so we keep pursuing that avenue and others. Hopefully our recent success with this company's competitor will spur more changes on their end, too. It all comes down to our desire to bring Icrontic's readers the best reviews we can. We're committed to that goal and working our butts off to pursue it.

2009 will be an amazing year for Icrontic. We've got several awesome stories coming in January alone that I can't tell you about (embargoes for the win!). With any luck, when CES roll around in 2010 and we head back to Vegas, we'll be in a better position to kick ass and take names.

*fingers crossed*

Comments

• fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    If ya need me to kick any ass while we are there let me know :thumbsup:
  • Pick whichever vender is the rudest and play a prank on their booth. Make sure it is good enough to email around. Just don't get caught lol...

I'm looking forward to a ton of pictures!