[BLOG] Day old hate

jokerz4funjokerz4fun Michigan Icrontian
edited November -1 in Community
I just finished Lost Odyssey and Ubisoft could learn a few things from Microsoft, Square Enix, and every other committed developer out there. From the moment I started Lost Odyssey I was in love with the storyline, music, characters, just every aspect of the game. I placed the 1st of 4 discs into the 360 tray and a new world opened for me. The opening movie explains whats happening, who your character is and why you should continue this quest. That is how a opening sequence should be, the game should grab you pull you in and not let go until you've finished it. And upon completion of the game all avenues of doubt or question should have been answered. You spend 50+ of your hard earned money on a game, the least the developers can do is give you some closure or reward.

Lost Odyssey is FOUR discs!! :eek: They could have easily made this game a three game series but they didn't go that route. They unlike Ubisoft get what the fans and gamers want. Why should I spend $180.00 on Assassins Creed? What to find out the ending? After spending $60.00 on the first of three installments I was left felling disappointed and pissed. The next game wont be out till Christmas they also said the 3rd and final game may never hit stores, its dependent on "consumer hype". If the 2nd doesn't do well there wont be a 3rd flat out. That means no ending, no closure, no feeling of satisfaction, and no gratitude for the gamers who stuck it out and bought there products. Since when did the industry take this approach to gaming? Do they figure "hey they bought the first game lets suck some more cash outta them!". Did they ever sit back to think that maybe more people would buy more games from them if they didnt worry so much about putting out a quick product?

What I want to know is how hard is it to end a game on a high note? Look at all the Final Fantasy games. Every game in that series has the least to say a majestic ending. Why do they do this? Why not say to be continued? Because they go above the industry standard! They know there games will sell because they do it right. They reward you for all your hard work, for the money you spent, for being a fan, and for supporting them all of these years. They give you quality, amazing graphics, killer sound, and breath taking music scores. Developers like Square Enix get gamers! They produce games for the people not for a quick buck or an easy way to drag out a story line. They do it because they love developing games.

Assassins Creed and Prince of Persia could have easily had an awesome ending. A way to thank gamers, a way to leave them wanting more, and what should have been done in the first place. Is this the gaming industries way of ripping us off? If so I for one will not be sucked into this cheap ploy. I will not spend my money or time on a game that tells me to be continued. Ubisoft is a joke and should be ashamed of themselves. Lost Odyssey's closing movie was over 20min long. Price of Persia gave me to be continued, Assassins Creed gave me NOTHING! (SPOILER) You beat the final boss and wake up in a room and that's it! You can replay missions but who wants to replay a game you just f'en beat with no ending? I for one dont and I'm sure most of you dont want to either. Ubisoft Montreal is the step child of the gaming world! How can you be respected when you produce games like Grey's Anatomy, CSI: New York, The Price Is Right, and Lost. Give me a break stop producing crappy games and focus on your best sellers like Far Cry, Tom Clancy's EndWar, and Brothers In Arms: Hell's Highway. Ubisoft has a lot to learn and a long way to go as game developer. I hope they get there crap in order and turn things around.

Comments

• I wonder if they run over budget at the end and just say end the dang thing already.. Something like in Hollywood.
  • Dude, I lost total respect for Ubisoft when Ubisoft Montreal announced Army of Two and gave a release date, hyped up all these crazy new game ideas, then released it a year and a half after the due date. The game had 5 missions, and horrible story writing (whats up bro? let's do this bro). To top it all off, US gamers couldnt play it with European gamers or Australian gamers. Forthe first time in history an online game could only be played with people from the same continent. What kind of crap is that? 90% of my friends list on Xbox Live are from the UK or Europe (because the time of day I play). Unisoft said it was because of technical hurdles inherit to co-op game play. Halo 3 has 4 person co-op and it's fine, graw 2 has 8+ for co-op AND came out 2 years before Ao2. CoD:WaW Supports 4 person co-op just fine also.

Tom Clancys Rainbow Six Vegas 1 and 2 online play is defined by how well you can remember where all the glitches are, there are literally hundreds. Ubisoft makes crap games, the end.
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    I can see the potential Ubisoft has PoP is one of the best series of games I ever played and AC was just as good too. But they always cut themselves short and that's what is so infuriating to me. It's like for every step they take to making a truly great game they take two back.