[BLOG] I hate construction... SO much.

UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA:Redwood City, CA Icrontian
edited November -1 in Community
Hello everyone, it's been awhile.

I haven't been on the internet for awhile. For those keeping score at home, you know this isn't normal of me. Allow me to explain.

That annoying school construction I keep tweeting about? They borked the internet connection to my house.

I currently don't have an internet connection as a result. I'm typing this from bed, wed. night. Hopefully all is fixed in the morning so I can post. If not, expect me to post from a cafe in downtown.

Wed started like any other day. I had the day off, so I was hoping to get lots of web and writing work done. When I got out of the shower I tried to check email. No connection. So I decided to give it time. Went to a hair cut, ran errands, got lunch, came home. Still no internet. At this point I noticed television and land line phone were out as well. Our comcast connection was shot, explaining why all three were dead.

I asked my mom if she had missed a bill. Once that was ruled out, she decided to call comcast. Come to find out the construction crew had the connection dropped so they could work on things. The connection was supposed to be back up by evening.

What blew my mind was that the school didn't even bother to tell people in my area that we would loose this for a few hours.

3 hours later and nothing had changed. Well, something did change, but it wasn't internet. We lost power to the house. The construction crews had made a mistake.

I couldn't take it anymore, so I went on a 2 hour bike ride. Power was restored 15 minutes after I returned, but STILL no internet.

My mom called again, and this time was told that the crews had taken the whole cable pole down. It may take up to 78 hours before it's repaired.

That's Friday night, folks.

Three days without internet. Three. It has crippled me, I got nothing done today as a result. This sucks.

So until they fix this crap, I'll go silent.

p.s. I'm just about to click post, I'm sitting in a cafe in down town South Bend. Guess that explains quite a bit, doesn't it?

But I DID get my T-mo G1 back, so I do have limited internet, plus twitter! :D

Comments

• BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    Dammit, that vacuums. That really ****ing vacuums. I mean sucks. Er, whatever.

Anyways, lousy humor aside, I feel for you. Best thing to do I suppose is to do your internet usages before/after(/during?) work and just take it like a man until you get your 4chan back. In the meantime, just keep doing what you're doing - exercise, work offline, play some Smash Bros until things iron out.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    Dude. I would raise holy hell with Comcast and get a refund on your next bill. That's completely unacceptable no matter what their excuse is.
  • mas0nmas0n howdy Icrontian
    It is especially unacceptable that they knew well in advance there would be an outage and made no attempt to notify their customers. In my business that means your ass. The very least they owe you is a credit worth 3 days of service. See you on the other side.
  • UPSWeezerUPSWeezer Behind you... GENTLEMEN Icrontian
    Come to my house more. Problem solved.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    Came home from work tonight, internet was back up. Though interestingly enough, I believe it's a temp fix.

There's a cable coming from the line and going into the ground near out house. The pole still isn't up, so I'm led to believe this was just a bandaid to get us to stop whining. I'll try and get a picture tomorrow.

So if it's as I believe to be, then I guess another outage eventually should be expected.

Worse yet, I found out my neighbor never lost his cable. So it must have been JUST my house.

Comcast has agreed to credit us for the lossage on these days, so that did go a-ok in that regard.

Lord, when will this garbage end.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    when will this garbage end.
    When you move, probably.