[BLOG] 2 weeks day 1

jj Sterling Heights, MI Icrontian
edited November -1 in Community
OMG what have I done. Every dame thing has carbs in it. I could eat wood and still get carbs. Luckly Thrax posted this

Count your calories.
Keep your carbs below 70g.
Exercise for 30m, not 1h.

Since Thrax I would say is very knowledgeable about food intake I can trust that 70g od carb in day isn;t a whole heck of a lot. So far I do have that down. I only have 15g today and 80% of that was from the 10 Calorie Vitamin water.

As I enter the nutrition label into fitday I notice that amount of serving per bottle is 2.5. Now that I'm tracking this stuff I can see were all my "extra" suger and carbs come from. Kati and I use to drink this stuff all the time.

My calorie intake is rather low. I think tomorrow I will kick it up a bit. Anyone have any idea on snacks to eat. or some good meals to cook. BBQ is out so I'm guessing lots of chicken and fish this week.

Not really any exercise today. I did clean the crap out of my car. took the seats out and the console and everything, so I did do work. I'm not too concerned since Mondays I usually go to the gym.

Thanks for the comment

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    peanuts

cottage cheese if you're into it

whole wheat crackers with peanut butter

all of these in small amounts = good snacks

Dude, the only thing I DRINK anymore is water and once in a while black coffee. Tons and tons and ****tons of water.

I've had way more beer this week than normal. Normally I have two beers once a week (sunday) - but scotty screwed me and kept puttin' them in front of me on friday. :D
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    Lifestyle changes can come in phases:
    1) Shock your system by sharply dropping carbs.
    2) Get a feel for what this is like, because it's the worst stage of fitness and you'll be doing it again. If you can't handle this, don't even bother starting. Come back when you can do it.
    3) Slowly reintroduce carbs and keep the macronutrient balance protein > good carbs = good fat. Count every single calorie that goes into your mouth.
    4) Start keeping those calories within a limit specific to your age, gender and weight.
    5) Add 20-30 minutes of exercise. Start with walking, then move to jump roping, then jogging. If jogging isn't your bag, work towards fitting a 12mi bike ride into 1 hour.
    6) Start weight-lifting. I don't mean balls-to-the-wall body-building (unless that's your goal), but 2-3 days a week of earnest strength training will explosively accelerate fat loss.
    7) As you get more lean, your body will start clinging to carbs for fat, which means you need to bump them from your diet again.

Depending on your fitness level, this can take 6-12 months and requires a totally new approach to eating. Once a week, treat yourself to Taco Bell or Wendy's, or whatever it is you enjoy. I enjoy those things, do I do. It's my reward for my week of effort.

The point is that if you can't make your fitness a part of your life, instead of a chore, you're not ready.